News:

Main Menu

Script error

Started by ffisher67, January 30, 2011, 08:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffisher67

This is weird and annoying.
When I try to move or zoom the map, up comes a script error, more so when trying to set up a flight plan.

Windows Internet Explorer
Stop running this script?
A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly.
If it continues to run, your computor might become unresponsive.

This has been throughout most of Plan-G updates. I now have the latest. Clicking on yes or no closes the box, but it starts popping up sooner and sooner. Closing and restarting Plan-G does not solve it.

Vista 32, Plan-G has admin rights to run across the network. Otherwise no problem when using it as moving map.
And no, I am not using Simconnect.

Sherman M. Kaplan

I have had similar issues. I hope someone has an answer.

Sherm

Skynet

See the FAQ, and/or appendix 3 in the manual.

ffisher67

Many thanks for reply, have done the necessary mod to the registery. Now remains to test, but seems to run a bit quicker now. Will need to do a reboot first tho.

rich12545

I've been having a problem with this also so I checked Appendix 3.  First, the link is broken.  The page is no longer there.  If you have a better link I would prefer to fix it that way.

I've done some registry modifications in the past so I thought I'd try this.  I setup a styles key and new dword maxscriptstatements.  But I cannot figure out how to change the number.

Could you please either provide a good link (preferred) or explain how to change the number to 0x00FFFFFF?

nm.  I found the file.  It automatically deletes the script error entirely.  :-)

tim arnot

I just tried the link, and it is still fine.

Tim. @TimArnot

rich12545

Interesting.  I tried it a few times.  Copy paste.  Oh well, sometimes computers have a mind of their own.   8)

ananda

Is it not possible to make Plan-G use Firefox? I often had this same problem running RadarVirtuel on IE but it works fine with Firefox.

George

tim arnot

No, because Firefox don't make a browser control that can be embedded within another program. As has been pointed out in other threads, they started developing a control version, but abandoned it. Right now and for the forseeable future, IE is the only game in town. Trust me; if something better does come along, I'll be on it like a rat out of a drainpipe.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Quote from: tim arnot on February 09, 2011, 01:46:20 PM
No, because Firefox don't make a browser control that can be embedded within another program.

So how does this work?

or this

I must admit I have no idea how to display maps in any browser  :-[

George

roby_cr

errore vers. 2.0.3.426
vedi allegato, impossibile proseguire !
saluti

tim arnot

Quote from: ananda on February 09, 2011, 02:01:03 PM
So how does this work?

It's a web site.

Plan-G is a program. It is not a web site.

Tim. @TimArnot

roby_cr

Quote from: roby_cr on February 09, 2011, 06:01:33 PM
errore vers. 2.0.3.426
saluti
medesimo errore nella versione 2.0.3.493
nessuna risposta ?

tim arnot

Quote from: roby_cr on April 22, 2011, 07:57:41 PM
Quote from: roby_cr on February 09, 2011, 06:01:33 PM
errore vers. 2.0.3.426
saluti
medesimo errore nella versione 2.0.3.493
nessuna risposta ?

What is your PC spec? OS? Have you confirmed the DLL is present? Where did you install Plan-G? Did you install as administrator? Are you running as administrator?

Tim. @TimArnot

roby_cr

i7 processor, operating system, XP sp3, installed in C: \ TA Software \ Plan-g v2.
Administrator yes.
No request has been received to confirm dll.!!