News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plang-G on 2:nd box, FSX build database i disabled

Started by moggel, February 12, 2011, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moggel

(I've seen other posts from people with this problem but their solutions didn't resolve my issue so here we go...)

I've set up Plan-G on a second computer (a laptop) but when I start it I am directed to the "First Data" ribbon where I am supposed to build my FSX database. All and well: I have mapped a volume (Z:) to the shared home directory of FSX on my sim box. I then move on to click that little arrow icon to the right of "Build Database" and browse to the shared folder (the Z: volume) where I select fsx.exe and scenery.cfg respecively. Having done that, I believed, would enable the "FSX" button in the ribbon but it remains in disabled (greyed out) state and does not react to mouse clicks.

I'm stuck here so any help would be appreciated.  :)

moggel

Never Mind. I read this post... http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1399.0 ...which clarified that the "scenery.cfg" needed is not the one found in the FSX root folder. It works now.