News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Troubles getting Plan G to see addon airports

Started by Smiffy, February 13, 2011, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiffy

Ive tried everything I can think of, rebuilding scenery.cfg, file ownership etc etc.  Im running Plan G on a networked PC that has full control privilages on the FSX directory and the program data directory.  Yet every time I tell Plan G to rebuild the data base it fails to detect my addon airfields.  Ive used clearallsettings each time Ive attemptped to rebuild the database.  Would be grateful for assistance

EDIT: UAC is off on both PC's.

Cheers
Matt

tim arnot

Your scenery.cfg has a lot of scenery folders hard-coded to G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\.....

You need to map G: on your network PC so that that path will work from both machines.

Tim. @TimArnot

Smiffy

Opps new I did something different last time I tried Plan G *blush*

Thanks Tim.  Would it also be worth mapping prog data too?

Smiffy

OK with the drives mapped Im still getting the same problems.  Looking in the log file confims this:

directory error: Could not find a part of the path

Any way Im giving up for this evening.  Attached another copy of the log file

Cheers
Matt

tim arnot

Check your mapping -- it's very easy to get it a level up or down. You need to be able to browse to (e.g.) G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSAddon\Plum Island\Scenery\ from your Plan-G PC. Make sure you can do it in Explorer.

Tim. @TimArnot

Smiffy

Hi Tim, thanks for your all your help.  Everything is working now.  Must have been tired last night and did something funky when mapping the nextwork drives  :-[

Cheers
Matt