News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

FSX moves NDB to the equator ???

Started by f16jockey, February 19, 2011, 11:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f16jockey

Very strange problem...

made a very simple plan, just two NDB's and two additional waypoints for climb/descent info

When loading the plan into FSX, looks like the latitude of the first NDB has been put to 0°, so it's been moved North on the equator.
Hope the pics are clear...

It's really the first time I see something like this, so maybe something wrong with that particular NDB ?
Have attached the flightplans.

Greetings,

Wim

tim arnot

Thanks. There's a very small rounding error when it saves the latitude in the pln file. I'll fix it in 2.0.4., but for now, if you want to open the file in notepad, search for "6.1E-05" and replace it with "0"

Tim. @TimArnot

f16jockey

No problem Mr. Arnot.

Solved it already by deleting the faulty NDB in FSX and rubberbanding the route to the correct location of the NDB.
I stead of posting these silly Q's I should congratulate you with yr magnificent program.

Best regards,
Wim

f16jockey

Hi again,

installed the new version 2.05 yesterday. Thanks for the update.
Looks like the above problem is only partially solved, OR another little bug sneaked into it (I think the latter).

These are parts of the PLN-file made by Plan-G which I try to load into FSX

<DestinationID>HHSB</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N13° 3' 60.00",E42° 37' 60.00",+000045.00</DestinationLLA>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SB">
            <ATCWaypointType>NDB</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N13° 3' 60.00",E42° 38' 48.00",+000121.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAORegion>HH</ICAORegion>
                <ICAOIdent>SB</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="HHSB">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N13° 3' 60.00",E42° 37' 60.00",+000045.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>HHSB</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>

Looks like FSX doesn't like the 60.00" entries, and moves those latitudes/longitudes to equator/greenwich.

Replacing the 60.00" with 59.99", OR replacing with 00.00" and adding 1 to the minute part fixes the plan for FSX, so no big deal.
[EDIT]The second option is the most correct one btw.

Best regards,

Wim

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

f16jockey

Hi Tim,

digged up this old thread to mention the 60.00" thingy is solved for the navaids, but still exists for some airports.
Badly placed airports by FSX, I agree. Try FLKS for example.

Wim

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot