News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Importing user waypoints

Started by ribitt, February 21, 2011, 10:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

I have just imported the two uploaded files *and* UK_Obstacles, and they all imported perfectly fine.

You do have to close and reopen the dialog for them to show up, but that has always been the case.

Quote from: GrahamP on March 26, 2011, 08:21:12 PM
To add to this, I tried adding a user waypoint by typing the information into the bottom line of Manage User Waypoints, taking care to type it exactly the same way as one that was already in there, with a slightly different name and slightly different position.  Once it was typed, I clicked OK.  I then checked through to see if it was still there but it was not created.  The only way I can add a user waypoint is to create one using the right mouse button.

That is certainly the case in v2. V3 will allow you to create new records by typing in the bottom row (I wrote the code for it last week).

Tim. @TimArnot

GrahamP

I've just tried exporting one existing user waypoint to a csv file, deleted that user waypoint in Manage User Waypoints, then  tried to import that one user waypoint from the csv file I just created.  Same problem: "Imported 0 of 1 records."

GrahamP

Quote from: tim arnot on March 27, 2011, 09:36:16 AM
You do have to close and reopen the dialog for them to show up, but that has always been the case.

Closing and re-opening the dialog still doesn't show what I'm trying to import.

tim arnot

Did you close the dialog using the OK button after deleting the record? As a safeguard, the record won't actually be deleted until you clik OK, and so you won't be able to re-import it as will be seen as a duplicate (this will be recorded in the log file). Once your deletions have been committed, you will be able to recreate those records.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: GrahamP on March 27, 2011, 09:46:56 AM
Closing and re-opening the dialog still doesn't show what I'm trying to import.

If you deleted and then immediately imported the same data, the delete won't have been committed, and so the import will fail. It's a limitation, but not one that should cause a problem in normal running, IMHO.

Tim. @TimArnot

GrahamP

Tim, thanks for your answers.  I understand what you're saying about that limitation and if it was only that I wouldn't have a problem with it.  But I can't get it to work whichever way I try.

After I deleted the one user waypoint, I clicked on OK to close the Manage User Waypoints.  Then I shut down Plan-G, started it up again and opened Manage User Waypoints to confirm I had deleted the user waypoint I exported.  I then tried to import the csv file I had just created and got the "Imported 0 of 1 records."  Clicked OK on that message, clicked OK to close Manage User Waypoints, then opened Manage user Waypoints and the waypoint had not imported.  Shut down Plan-G, opened Manage User Waypoints and the waypoint I tried to import still did not show.

Regardless of deleting and then re-importing, there's still the problem of not being able to import from any csv file.

tim arnot

When it says imported 0 of 1, is there an error shown in the log file?

Tim. @TimArnot

GrahamP

No, the log file doesn't show any error.  It just lists the waypoint (or waypoints) I'm trying to import then nothing else (as in the logfile I attached previously).

I've got Plan-G installed on a separate drive from the OS.  Would that make a difference?

GrahamP

OK, I've fixed it :)

I saved my UserWaypoints.sdf then uninstalled and re-installed Plan-G.

With a virgin UserWaypoints.sdf I can import csv files no problem.

Using my saved UserWaypoints.sdf file I cannot import csv files, even though that UserWaypoint.sdf works fine otherwise in Plan-G.  It seems that adding user waypoints manually (by right clicking with the mouse) has had some adverse effect on the sdf file.

To get round this I did the following:

1.  Exported my UserWaypoints.sdf file to csv.

2.  Saved my UserWaypoints.sdf file and replaced it with the virgin UserWaypoints.sdf file.

3.  Imported my UserWaypoints.csv file.

4.  Imported the other csv files I wanted.

Thanks for your perserverence trying to answer this, Tim. 

I hope this helps others with the same problem.