News:

Main Menu

Printing error

Started by mikerohan, March 11, 2011, 08:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikerohan

Hi,

first of all: great program!

I learned about it several months ago although I couldn't really use it till very recently. Love v2!

I'm having problems when trying to print (or print preview). I'm told to look at the log file which reads:

21:01:56.7 Preview PLOG error: System.Printing.PrintQueueException: El proveedor PrintTicket no pudo recuperar PrintCapabilities. Error de Win32: -2147467259
   en MS.Internal.Printing.Configuration.PTProvider.GetPrintCapabilities(MemoryStream printTicket)
   en System.Printing.PrintTicketManager.GetPrintCapabilitiesAsXml(PrintTicket printTicket)
   en System.Printing.PrintTicketManager.GetPrintCapabilities(PrintTicket printTicket)
   en System.Printing.PrintQueue.GetPrintCapabilities(PrintTicket printTicket)
   en System.Windows.Controls.PrintDialog.UpdatePrintableAreaSize()
   en System.Windows.Controls.PrintDialog.get_PrintableAreaWidth()
   en PlanG.clsPrint.PreviewPrintPLOG(FlightPlan fp, Dictionary`2 mPlanWX, PlanG2010 owner)

By the way, I' running version 2.0.3.486 on a Windows7x64 (spanish) with an administrative account and running Plan-G as administrator.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,   Mike.

tim arnot

What is your default printer, and how is it connected? The error translates as 'could not retrieve print capabilities'. Maybe your driver is out of date?

Tim. @TimArnot

mikerohan

Yes! it's related to what you are suggesting (but not the driver thing, they are up to date)... I've done a couple of checks and this is the result:

My default configuration has the printer physically connected to a homeserver so I usually print to a "remote printer" (shared).
When I physically move the printer and connect it to the Plan-G computer, so it becomes a local printer, everything goes fine!

I guess not that many people have to print to a remote printer  :D

Thanks anyway!

stasork

I have similar problem
07:53:36.7 Preview PLOG error: System.Printing.PrintQueueException: PrintTicket provider failed to retrieve PrintCapabilities. Win32 error: -2147221164
   at MS.Internal.Printing.Configuration.PTProvider.GetPrintCapabilities(MemoryStream printTicket)
   at System.Printing.PrintTicketManager.GetPrintCapabilitiesAsXml(PrintTicket printTicket)
   at System.Printing.PrintTicketManager.GetPrintCapabilities(PrintTicket printTicket)
   at System.Printing.PrintQueue.GetPrintCapabilities(PrintTicket printTicket)
   at System.Windows.Controls.PrintDialog.UpdatePrintableAreaSize()
   at System.Windows.Controls.PrintDialog.get_PrintableAreaWidth()
   at PlanG.clsPrint.PreviewPrintPLOG(FlightPlan fp, Dictionary`2 mPlanWX, PlanG2010 owner)

Drivers are OK

I can print map and terrain, but canot print flightplan (It's quite weird)

G-plan , MFSX and the printer are conected to the same computer.