News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan G does not fully load.

Started by rpowers46, March 31, 2011, 03:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpowers46

I just had to do complete reinstall of windows xp and FSX.Installed latest version of Plan G and it is very slow loading.I have to drag the mouse across the top to load the menu bar.And the right side menu does not load.Older version was working fine before reinstall.All my other programs are fine.Used Nick Needham's tweak guide for win XP and internet explorer. from Sim Forums Ground Environment X.Any suggestions?I really love this program and use it all the time.Thanks,Ron

jdberg

Hi Ron,
so the configuration before and after the reinstallation is completely the same?
You run FSX and Plan-G at the same PC?
Jörg

rpowers46

I just installed your latest version 2.*on new winXP install and it does not load completely.Went back to previous version and it seems ok.Thanks,Ron

jdberg

Hi Ron,

will install a Win XP (in a virtual environment) tomorrow for testing my own small development and can install Plan-G for a test.
I will let you know, if it works.

Jörg

jdberg

Hi Ron,

installed the Win X Prof SP2 now in my virtual machine and updated it to 2.0.5 and what shall I say, it works fine.
No problems at all, it is naturally a bit slower in the virtual environment but works perfect.
Only to be sure, you didn´t use the old database of FS9 or FSX from the pre 2-Version right?
If so, please let Plan-G 2 build a new database. There is no need to build a new one from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 but if you have a previous version please do so.

Hope that helps
Jörg

rpowers46

Thanks for the info.I will give it a go later.Working today.Ron

brianj

Hi Ron,
I have the same problem with Plan-G not fully loading when starting.
Try clicking the minimize icon and then restoring from the tray.
It works for me.
Regards
Brian

rpowers46

Brian,Thanks,that worked for me.Hopefully Jorg will solve the problem.Ron

jdberg

Quote from: rpowers46 on April 03, 2011, 10:48:01 PM
Brian,Thanks,that worked for me.Hopefully Jorg will solve the problem.Ron
Hi Ron,
I cannot fix the problem, because I am only a user of Plan-G as you are. Try to help you with the problem, thats all I can do.
Tim could fix the problem if we can reproduce the error.
In my environment it works absolutely fine. Did you try to build a new database with version 2.0.5?

Try to start clearallsetting.exe and mapreset.exe in the main folder of Plan-G. This should reset all settings.
Hope that helps.

Joerg

rpowers46

Jorg,Sorry,I was assuming you had something to do with the program.Yes I did run a new database.It loads ok after minimizing but the maps load very slow.I have previous version .08 or something that I have had awhile and it runs fine .Ron

tim arnot

If I could reproduce the problem, there would be some hope of fixing it. I run it across four very different PCs and laptops here, and none of them show the issue.

Tim. @TimArnot