News:

Main Menu

Tutorial in the Plan-G documents.

Started by fautleyj, April 09, 2011, 06:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fautleyj

Hi Folks has anybody worked through the example flight plan, that starts on page 67 of the  G-Plan User Manual.
I've tried a couple of times and had a few problems, maybe someone can help. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have followed the tutorial to the letter.
The first is: I see no orange circle or red area when following steps in 17:2, (see following).

You now want to head more west to Seascale, Latitude N54o 24.00' Longitude W003o 29.00'.  But there are some things you need to watch 
out for.  Open the Map ribbon, and look at the "Airspace" group of options.  Switch on "Below 10,000 feet", "Special Use 1" and "Special Use 2
  That looks ominous.  There is a large orange circle around Seascale itself, and just south of that, a very large red area.

Also nearer the end of the tutorial 17:8 it asks to open FS 'qoute -  Open Flight Simulator, and select Free Flight from the Main Menu. I do not have 'free flight' on the main menu? in FS2004. Anybody know what's up here?

Lastlt how does the data fron G-Plan show up when 'connected' to FS2004 please?

tim arnot

I think the tutorial was constructed against FSX data. It's possible that FS9 doesn't show the restricted & danger area.

It's a long time since I used FS9, so maybe Free Flight is called something else - create flight, or start flight, or somesuch. It should be pretty obvious: It's what you use to get into the sim.

I don't understand your last question. Perhaps you could rephrase it?

Tim. @TimArnot

fautleyj

Hi Tim, thanks for getting back to me. I shall look into the create flight etc of FS9. As for my last question. I refer to the connect tab on the home ribbon, and I assume having created a flight plan, by connecting with FS9 running the FP info fron G-Plan can be carried across to FS9, unless I am mis-understanding the purpose of the 'connect' tab in G-Plaan in the first place.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, much appreciated.

tim arnot

'Connect' will simply display your aircraft on the Plan-G map.

To use a flight plan in FS that you created in Plan-G, you must open it in FS, like any other flight plan.

Tim. @TimArnot

fautleyj

Fjodor

Quote from: tim arnot on April 10, 2011, 11:24:17 PM
It's possible that FS9 doesn't show the restricted & danger area.

Just one point - It shows, I have no problem. But just for a better information about all areas and CTR/TMA the FSX database is better - I am flying both FS9 (online) and FSX (offline) so have both databases and compared them... ;)
Some airports have different position so do not mix the plans between FS9 and FSX!!!