News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-g doesn't load additional scenery

Started by colonel25, April 13, 2011, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonel25

Hi Tim,

For some reason, when building a database, I cannot get my add-on scenery to load into Plan-G.  I have most of it installed under Programmes/Microsoft Games/FlightSimulator X/Addon Scenery.  Although I have set this in the locations options, I can't see from the log file that it actually sees anything in these locations and one particular add-on RAF airbase is not appearing on the Plan-G map. ( I have not checked all entries but only this one as an example.)

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?  I am re-reading in the data each time I test this.  Should I be deleting/clearing the database each time before creating a new one maybe?

Kind regards

The Colonel

tim arnot

Can you upload the log file please.

Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

colonel25

Hi Tim,

Log file attached.  This is from the PC where FSX is installed as well as Plan-G.  I also have Plan-G installed on my laptop which is on my network and I use that when I am actually flying in FSX.  However, the two installations are the same.

Hope you may be able to help on this.

Regards

The Colonel

colonel25

Tim,

Problem solved.  I have set the location of my scenery.cfg file wrongly.  I've set it as though it were an XP installation not Vista which it is.  Since editing the location and changing it to  programme data/microsoft/FSX and re-building the data it's now all there.

Another wild goose chase I'm afraid, sorry  :-\

Regards

The Colonel