News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Win7(64) FSX (host) to XP(32) Plan-G (remote) possible?

Started by OneBigEagle, April 25, 2011, 09:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneBigEagle

Hello All,
I cannot get Plan-G on the laptop (XP 32bit) to SimConnect to FSX on the desktop (Win7 64bit).  Do they both have to be the same OS?
Thanks,
OneBigEagle

tim arnot

No, there shouldn't be a problem. Be aware that if you are using the IPv6 protocol, it isn't installed on XP as standard, but IPv4 should be fine.

You may have to tinker with firewall/antivirus settings.

Tim. @TimArnot

OneBigEagle

Thanks Tim,
IPv4 on both machines.  Followed instructions to the letter.  Disabled firewalls & antivirus, etc.  Tried all the various SimConnect settings as per the manual.  Had high hopes, but alas, no joy.  Got heartburn fiddling with the thing all day.  Reading up on FSUIPC4 now.

tim arnot

Can you post the log and ipconfig output from both machines?

Tim. @TimArnot

AirSerpy

Hello OneBigEagle,
I have been running the same configuration as you describe since the day Win 7 came out. As long as the ip addresses are correct, the only extra step was to create an open port in the windows firewall. There is an advanced settings area that had to be configured to allow traffic. Every configuration step was exactly as per the manual except for the port settings.
Keep trying as it possible and very successful.
Regards,
Craig.

blh

Air Serpy: can you please post your simconnect.xml file.   I'd like to be sure that I have a workable simconnect.xml file.   Then, I can work on opening a port in the windows firewall.