News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

SimConnect

Started by Paulkn, May 07, 2011, 10:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulkn

I have just had to do a full reinstall of FSX. At the same time I decided to download and install the latest Plan-G having successfully used an earlier version on a separate computer for some time. This time I just cannot connect across our wireless network. Nothing has changed apart from installing the current version of Plan-G. Although both machines are Windows Vista I originally used IPv4 but, as I could not get this to function I am now trying IPv6 but still without success. I have tried excluding port 4506 in the firewalls and I have tried disabling firewalls completely and still no luck. Neither of of the steps were previously necessary. I can ping both machines in either direction. The current version of Plan-G works perfectly well on the FSX machine. I have searched the forum but have not been able to find anything that helps my situation so I hope someone out there can. Here is my SimConect file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
   <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
   <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<SimConnect.Comm>
   <Disabled>False</Disabled>
   <Protocol>IPv6</Protocol>
   <Scope>link-local</Scope>
   <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
   <Address>fe80::f0ae:a050:deae:33d8</Address>
   <Port>4506</Port>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Many thanks
Paul K

tim arnot

If you've reinstalled FSX, have you applied SP2/Acceleration?

Tim. @TimArnot

Paulkn

SP2. I think the installation is pretty much up to what it was prior to reinstall. Thanks for coming back so quickly.

tim arnot

Another thing you could try is to enable FS logging in the simconnect.ini. This will tell you if the connection attempt is reaching FS. But beware, the FSX simconnect log will be massive.

Otherwise, connection problems basically boil down to one of three things:
* The numbers don't match or are wrong in the xml and Plan-G configs
* The simconnect.xml file is in the wrong place
* The connection is being blocked (user access rights, firewall, antivirus)

Tim. @TimArnot

larshgf

QuoteAnother thing you could try is to enable FS logging in the simconnect.ini. This will tell you if the connection attempt is reaching FS. But beware, the FSX simconnect log will be massive.

Otherwise, connection problems basically boil down to one of three things:
* The numbers don't match or are wrong in the xml and Plan-G configs
* The simconnect.xml file is in the wrong place
* The connection is being blocked (user access rights, firewall, antivirus)

How can I try to make FS logging in the simconnect.ini?
Concerning the right place for the simconnect.xml file: Is it correct that it must be placed only on the FSX-computer and in the same folder as scenery.cfg? (And not somewhere on the Plan-G computer as well?)