Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Icons not showing

Started by Yossarian, May 29, 2011, 04:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian

Hello
Plan-G is great!
I have however a small problem on a Vista computer (athlon 2.4) with a radeon 9550 videocard. (plan-G only, FSX on another computer, simconnect ok) On the Plan-G map not all the VOR's and NDB's show up. Hovering with the mouse over the position of these beacons the textbaloon does appear. So it seems just the display of the icons is incorrect. There are some beacons showing up, these are in clusters on the map as if some parts of the overlay map are suppressed. I have tinkered with the database, the last one I have made on another computer and copyed to the problem computer but the problem is still there.
Any ideas?

Best regards
Lolke

tim arnot

Is the problem just in one part of the window, or all over? Do you have any other programs running on that PC? Are your graphics card drivers up to date?

Tim. @TimArnot

Yossarian

Hello Tim

It affects all of Europe. I will send a screenshot with this post. I have checked directX and have swapped the radeon for a Geforce 4200 and still no improvement. Both cards have legacy drivers but I have installed the latest.

Best regards
Lolke

Yossarian

And here is the screenshot

tim arnot

How good is your Internet connection? That's  a few thousand markers you're asking it to process there.

Tim. @TimArnot

Yossarian

This is a smaller area. The striking thing what I wanted to show is that the visible icons are organised in a pattern. On the north American continent it looks almost mathematical arranged: square blocks  in a spreadsheetpattern. Perhaps it means something, it looks strange doesn't it?.
As I mentioned before: if I put the mousepointer on a place where I know there is a NDB a pop-up shows the right data.
Thank you for looking into this.
If nobody else has this problem perhaps the computer is just to old. Even without the overlay Plan-G is great.

Regards
Lolke

tim arnot

Looking at the big picture again... the grid lines are showing 10 degree squeares. It looks almost as if it's plotting the markers but losing the decimal part of the coordinates. Hmm... What language Windows do you have?

Tim. @TimArnot

Yossarian

That's it!
My default language is Dutch but installing windows in English solves the problem. If I want to revert to Dutch what adjustments should I make?

Regards
Lolke

tim arnot

My guess is that it's something to do with the decimal separator. It's not a problem in French or German, so I don't know what about Dutch is different...

Tim. @TimArnot

Yossarian

Reinstalled windows in Dutch and the problem is gone. I could not fix it by changing the language settings. Probably my previous windows installation was messed up.

Thank you for your help
Lolke