News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Not responding

Started by ribitt, June 16, 2011, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribitt

Plan-G is suddenly not responding whe I start it up. A log file is attached.

At the time of failure I was zoomed in tight on a small grass strip. I tried a map reset but no improvement.

Thanks for any advice.

v2.0.5, Win 7/32

Rinitt

tim arnot

Try running ClearAllSettings.

Tim. @TimArnot

ribitt

Aha!! Always wondred what that file did.

Thank you again.

Ribitt

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

Hi Tim,

I have a not responding prob as well and wonder whether the "Clear all settings" will also fix this for me.
Have v 2.0.5.493, been using it for a while without any probs what so ever. Until today, flew in the AM all fine but when resumed/restarted the flight, Plan-G would not start and the following popup appears everytime I tried to run the program.
" PlanG has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error Sig

Appname: Plang.exe AppVer: 2.0.5.493  AppStamp: 4d836f63
ModName: wpfgfx_v0400.dll  ModVer: 4.0.30319.233 ModStamp: 4d930b4d
FDebug:0    OffSet: 000e659e

Up to 26th Aug  11.25 running fine with normal flight plan/flight etc info after the line
"window_Loaded done"
After 14.11 same day, at every startUp of Plan-G the following is shown in report....and the window with the message about
PlanG encountered a problem and has to shut down etc etc appears on desktop
14:11:08.2 ---===+++===---
14:11:08.2 Starting Plan-G, build 2.0.5.493
14:11:08.2 OS is Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
14:11:10.7 Location is C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2
14:11:11.9 Window_Loaded
14:11:12.0 SetInitialControlStates
14:11:12.2 Checking DEM availability
14:11:12.3 FSX is installed
14:11:12.3 Checking FSX database built status
14:11:12.5 IsDataLoaded: True
14:11:12.5 Data Source = C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\Data\PlanG_FSX.sdf
14:11:13.9 FSX database is built
14:11:13.9 Checking FS9 database built status
14:11:13.9 IsDataLoaded: False
14:11:13.9 Data Source = C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\Data\PlanG_FS9.sdf
14:11:14.1 Setting ribbon group
14:11:14.1 Setting db button states
14:11:14.1 Selected data set is FSX
14:11:14.2 SetInitialControlStates done
14:11:14.2 SetTheme Blue
14:11:14.4 Checking Internet available
14:11:17.8 Setting MRU
14:11:17.8 Opening map
14:11:17.9 Starting timers
14:11:17.9 Window_Loaded done

Cheers
Richard
G'day from Down Under

tim arnot

It's possible. Did you try it?

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

Hi Tim,

Yep sure did, but no joy however. Studying the Plan-g report abit more I am coming to the conclusion that it is Windows (XP Pro) that for some reason does not like what Plan-g wants to execute. I also have tried by installing that version on my PC where FSX is installed. I got a bit further here with Plan-G starting up and I was being able to create the database, load fltplan and various menu options, however as soon as I wanted to move the window (am using multiple monitors) the same Windows error message appeared. I am thinking of the MS auto update maybe installed something that does not agree with the processes.
Anyways, deciced to completely uninstall Plan-G including all the traces in the registry and installed an earlier version of Plan-g on the networked PC and is now working fine. Getting the "there is a newer version etc etc"
when starting the program. But for the time being I can continue doeing all my preplanned flights and do some serious VFR flying following the various roads en route as shown on Plan-G.
that is why I LOVE this program and thanks for making it possible for the flightsim community to enjoy it.
I will check things more after my flights with this problem.
Cheers
Richard
G'day from Down Under

Gibbo

Plan G won't load for me anymore either and this might be the answer to my own problems. Can someone tell me, please, where to locate "ClearAll Settings"?

Regards,

John G

rerradem

Hi John.

Depending where you installed Plan-G, whether C:\Ta Software or C:\Program Files\TA Software. It is in the subfolder Plan-G where the file is. Hope this helps and good luck
Cheers

Richard
G'day from Down Under

Gibbo

Thanks, Richard...I changed over to the other User established on my PC and Plan-G opened without any problems. Next I opened it under my own User name (my main point of entry) and walked away for a fair amount of time to see if it would load. Eventually enough parts of it appeared for me to get the scale down and now it works.

There is one strange thing I have always noticed, though, and that is that most times (regardless of version) parts of the interface don't load until I run my mouse around where the desktop still shows. The final thing I did was reload my graphics card driver.

Now it works fine, so maybe something in all this may help out others.

Regards,

John G :)

FlyingAxx

In my own experience Plan-G seems to be much more stable in its latest versions. This is specifically true for the graphics in my opinion - at least under Win7x64. Under WinXP, having a slower machine, I can remember similar effects with former versions but not with the latest one. However sometimes it seems to me as well the the GUI needs a bit time to catch up even if it now works fine for me.

Regards,
Axel
Regards,
Axel