News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

My airports have disappeared?

Started by larshgf, June 20, 2011, 10:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larshgf

My airports on the Plan-G map seems to have disappeared!
The FSX database has been created and a few days ago the airports where there. I have off course tagged all the airports to be shown!
Any suggestions?

tim arnot

You've probably turned them off for the current zoom. Go to the Map ribbon and click Reset.

Tim. @TimArnot

larshgf

Unfortunately this does not help anything. I have tried to reinstall Plan-G and to build the fsx database again without luck.

tim arnot

Have a look in the log then, and see if there are any errors reported...

Tim. @TimArnot

larshgf

There are a few lines with obvious errors, but I'm not able to solve the problem looking at these. I have attached the log-file. Hope it is OK

tim arnot

On the face of it, it looks like the database engine is stuffed. Did you install anything else on your PC after the last db build?

My suggestion is to uninstall SQlServerCE, and download a new copy direct from Microsoft (you need SqlServerCE 3.5, not 4.0). Reinstalling Plan-G won't have any effect, since the problem is with an MS component.

Tim. @TimArnot

larshgf

I have installed a few think. Picassa (Google) for sure. I have uninstalled Picassa now.

Sorry to trouble you again but Which of these shall I download and install??

SQL Server Compact Downloads
On this page:

* Downloads for SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2
    * Downloads for SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1
    * Downloads for SQL Server Compact 3.5
    * Downloads for SQL Server Compact 3.1

And how do I uninstall the old SQL server. I cant find it in the ControlPanel Remove program section??

tim arnot

Install 3.5 SP2. If it's not listed in Programs & Features, it's probably okay simply to install it.

Tim. @TimArnot

larshgf

I have downloaded and installed SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 and rebuild the FSX database. Unfortunately without solving the problem.

tim arnot

About the only other thing I can suggest is try the samt thing with DotNet 4.0

Tim. @TimArnot

larshgf