News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Version 2.0.5.493 (Display Driver Stopped Responding) ATI card owner...

Started by cvearl, July 06, 2011, 01:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvearl

I have had this problem for a while now. Ever since version 2.0 released I think.

Start Plan-G. Click FIND, AIRPORT and click in ICAO field and screen freezes for a few moments and then I get something about the display driver stopped responding and recovered. Then Plan-G starts working again. It comes and goes.

I just now rebuilt my FSX machine. Fresh install new hard drive. All the latest drivers. The moment I install Plan-G and it asks for database and I select FSX and it goes to look for airports, it did the same error. Recovered and went along it's business.

Computer Details

Intel 2600K
4GB RAM
Win7 Business x64
ATI 6870 1GB video
Creative Labs SB Audigy.

cvearl

Ok. Tested this further. As I said. Click FIND, AIRPORT and blam! display driver stopped and recovered. This is if I have AA and AF enabled in ATI Control Pannel.

Set AA and AF to application controlled and no such issue.

Not sure what AA through ATI's driver has to do with the FIND, AIRPORT function or at least the pop up dialogue. Also I noticed in the Windowframe that I get black checkers or sqaures when this happens with AA enabled in ATI driver/CP.

Charles.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot