News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Beta 3 0.8.0 installed fine - comments

Started by alexf, October 26, 2009, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexf

Deleted previous Plan-G folder, unzipped and installed 0.8.0
Loads fine, and the changes are wonderful. Imported the UK obstacles CSV file  and it loaded fine. I see now what they look like.

Good work!

Q: Will the import feature recognize duplicate entries?
Q: Will there be a way to export new user-made entries for user to share?
Q: Could we create a section for users top post their entries in CSV form so we can easily share the whole world database? (if the import feature disregards or ioverwrites duplicates then there's little harm in accepting new entries.

Wish list: a way to measure angle and distance as we could do in the old FSNAV in FS9 by right-clicking and dragging. Not important if we could not save it but at least you could right-click on a VOR and see which radial and distance you are in. This is not cheating but mimicking a pencil and ruler/compass approach for use FR fliers who dislike showing the yellow local position icon.

tim arnot

Quote from: alexf on October 26, 2009, 09:07:39 PM
Q: Will the import feature recognize duplicate entries?
Duplicates are allowed, since the system uses a unique id field generated when the records are stored. So effectively, you'll get double waypoints if you import the same data twice. I believe the table is sorted on the ID column when you first open it, so the newest entries should be at the bottom, which will make them easy to delete (to delete, select the rows and press the DEL key)

QuoteQ: Will there be a way to export new user-made entries for user to share?
Just highlight the rows you want to export and click on the 'Export' button. You can sort on different columns by clicking in the column header. If you use the Tag column as an identifier for your waypoints, that makes life very easy (you'll see that for the OZx set, I simply started the Tag field with "OZx", and followed it with the state -- OZX NSW, OZx VIC etc for further subdivision. The Add Waypoint dialog remembers the last tag you set, which saves a bit of time.

QuoteQ: Could we create a section for users top post their entries in CSV form so we can easily share the whole world database? (if the import feature disregards or ioverwrites duplicates then there's little harm in accepting new entries.
Certainly. I haven't done that at this time, because I wasn't sure how popular the feature would prove to be...

QuoteWish list: a way to measure angle and distance as we could do in the old FSNAV in FS9 by right-clicking and dragging. Not important if we could not save it but at least you could right-click on a VOR and see which radial and distance you are in. This is not cheating but mimicking a pencil and ruler/compass approach for use FR fliers who dislike showing the yellow local position icon.
Noted  ;)

Tim. @TimArnot