News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Cannot see aircraft - User or AI

Started by Clutch Cargo, July 10, 2011, 09:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clutch Cargo

Just did my first install of Plan-G with it's latest version.  Seems like a very powerful program however I have a little issue.

I believe I have everything installed and running properly on a networked PC.  I was able to compile my FSX database.  I can connect to my FSX PC.  But when I press F6 for aircraft or SHIFT + F6 for AI aircraft I see nothing.  All settings are default (ranges are at defaults).  Pretty sure my function keys are working as I press F5 and it appears to zoom into the airport. (reminds me, is there a list somewhere of the function keys Plan-G uses?).

Can I see my aircraft if I do not have a flight plan filed?  Just want to do some free-flight flying and follow along.

Thx,

Clutch

tim arnot

Are you connecting with FSUIPC or Simconnect? Have you checked the Options->Traffic dialog to see if it is enabled, and the range it is set for? Is the traffic you are looking for regular AI, or multiplayer traffic?

You do not need a flight plan to see aircraft or traffic in Plan-G.

Tim. @TimArnot

Clutch Cargo

Thx for the reply,

I am using Simconnect (IP4 have selection on Auto) and this was not online flying.  I think I know the AI issue.  I was doing a lot of testing and had turned down all my AI.  I was about to verify it this morning however a new issue has popped up.  Plan-G is crashing now every time about 15 seconds after start up.

Here is the error report it generated:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   plang.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   2.0.5.493
  Problem Signature 03:   4d836f53
  Problem Signature 04:   BeatlesBlog.SimConnect
  Problem Signature 05:   0.1.1.0
  Problem Signature 06:   4a593cba
  Problem Signature 07:   65
  Problem Signature 08:   6f
  Problem Signature 09:   System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

FYI - Laptop has a fresh install of Windows7 Home Premium.  Just last night I did a massive amount of Windows7 updates (like the SP1 and several others) and 3 of those were .NET framework 4.  Updates were:

KB2518870
KB2478663
KB2446708

After the updates last night I shut down the laptop for the night and this morning booted up and started Plan-G which not will not stay open.

thanks,

Clutch

tim arnot

Have you turned on 'connect at startup'? If so, turn it off.

That error is inside the simconnect library; it can happen sometimes if there is a comms error. Typically it happens when the network is heavily stressed. Unfortunately its error trapping is not particularly good, and since it's a third party library (actually by the guy that invented Simconnect), there's nothing I can do about it until/unless he releases an update.

Tim. @TimArnot