News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Error 1001

Started by zl2bmh, July 24, 2011, 05:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zl2bmh

I'm almost to scared to post this as it always seems to be a simple fault that I've done, never mind here goes :).  I downloaded the latest program but when installing it, it gets about midway through then stops and a message appears " error 1001. Install utilib dll. unknown error:.  Any idea's please. This is the first time I've installed it on this computer, I'm sure.

Many thanks,
Jim.
Computer:PB Gaming 62000,Skylake Core i5 6600 Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD with 2TB HDD, NVIDEA GTX 1070 8GB Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, 2x 24" HDMI Widescreen.

gdawg

Hi Jim,
It's hard to say what may be causing your Error 1001 not knowing your set up but a stab in the dark makes me think of a firewall/anti-virus issue. Can you think of any updates to either lately?  If so let us know what you are using for security and the solution may be easier.
Gary

zl2bmh

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your reply.  I run just one anti-virus program, Norton 360.  I wish I could help you more but my knowledge on computers is almost zero, although I can tell you it's kept mainly for FSX, FTX and a few other simple flight sim addons. The computer is a little over a year old.

Regards, and tanks again.
jim
Computer:PB Gaming 62000,Skylake Core i5 6600 Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD with 2TB HDD, NVIDEA GTX 1070 8GB Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, 2x 24" HDMI Widescreen.

zl2bmh

Just one more thing Gary which I should have mentioned, and that is, through the very handy program 'logmein' an Australian mate of mine( Maurice "Mozz" King) who is a computer technician, has spent sometime on this problem, and he's unable to come up with an answer at this stage.
Jim.

zl2bmh

To anybody who can help me.

I overcame the error problem, by installing the program on a second HD, though the problem is still there. Now another message comes up saying' close down this script as it's slowing down your browser'.  I have no idea how important this message is, but can I make this comment, what a fantastic program it is, and I just need a little help, to guide me through the proper setup as I don't really know what I'm doing.  I have completed the database downloads, I'm sure.  I am slowly working my way through the manual as I go.

Regards to all,
Jim.

ps: I'll gladly make a donation for this quality software.

zl2bmh

My apologies everyone. 8)

It appears I've jumped the gun , caused no doubt by the excitement of seeing a really beaut program.  On checking my latest install I noticed somehow I had downloaded a very old version of Plan-G.  I downloaded the latest version and I'm back to the same old fault 'Error 1001', even when installed on my 2nd HD ( which is brand new).  Can somebody please throw some light onto what my computer is up to, I'd be very grateful believe me.

Regards,
Jim.

tim arnot

Sounds like something may be corrupted on your PC. Do you have all the latest drivers and software updates installed?

Tim. @TimArnot

zl2bmh

Thanks Tim, I'll get onto that immediately.

Regards.
Jim.