News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Am I on the right path to connect Plan-G thru a router...

Started by Clutch Cargo, August 29, 2011, 01:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clutch Cargo

This is sort of a two-parter question so let me deal with the first part just to see if I am on the right path to get my two PC's workin' with your fine program.  I have FSX on a seperate drive (X:) which makes it really simple to have Plan-G find my path for FSX. With that said...

Question - Do I need to manually set/allow sharing for each folding on my FSX PC for the entire path to get to the simconnect.xml file?  Or by editing the file on the FSX pc and then entering matching data on the Plan-G pc is supposed to make the connection for me? 

Reason being I can share folders easily on all drives with the exception of my C:, especially it seems sharing (and even seeing) the path of user/application data/microsoft/FSX, is at this point beyond me.   I just don't want to keep trying to resolve this side if Plan-G does this for me.

thx,

Clutch

Clutch Cargo

Well nevermind, happyu to say I solved the issue.  Not by smarts mind you.  I just swapped laptops!  So my Toshiba never would work with Plan-G but I installed it on my HP and bam! out of the gates it's connecting fine the first try.   Why?  Have no idea and at this point don't care, ha!  So that answered my question above.