News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Printing Flightplans

Started by Jotayhen, September 22, 2011, 09:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jotayhen

Hi Tim,

Thank you so very much for your absolutely wonderful program!  I am a veteran VFR simmer and I have never seen such a comprehensive flightplan pgm!

I'm hoping you can point me in the correct direction as I am having a problem printing the flightplans.

First, my system is:  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and the "authority" feature is turned off.

I am having the same problem as brianj had back in March when I posted.  Just like brianj, when I click on preview print the flightplan preview appears on the screen but my cursor remains in the "hourglass" mode" and my printer will print a single sheet of blank paper.  If I try to print the flightplan again, I receive a message stating there are some illegal characters. Your advice to brianj was to locate the temp.xps file and print that file using either a xps reader or moving it into Adobe reader.  I cannot seem to locate that file.  I go to C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\Plans and I see a list of plg files but no Temp.xps file.

I suspect I am not looking in the correct place or I am not generating the temp.xps file correctly.  If you can give me some "step-by-step" guidance I would very much appreciate it.  Even better would be some guidance in how to fix the problem of not being able to print out the flightplan by simply clicking on the "print" button.

Tim, your program is fantastic. I especially appreciate the comprehensive and very thorough manual that you have created.  I simply can not imagine how much time and dedication it took to create this work of art!

Thank you very much!

Respectfully,

John

Jotayhen

I am assuming a "temp.xps" file is created when I press the "print" function.  It is also possible in my mind that this file would be erased if I chose to abort the print operation but would remain in existance somewhere as long as I retained the "print preview" screen.  My problem is I can not seem to find this file and I am not sure I could successfully access it as long as my cursor remains stuck in the "hour-glass" configuration.  I would greatly appreciate any help in finding the "temp.xps" file and also some guidance in how to successfully copy it so I could load it into Adobe.

Thanks!

John

tim arnot

Temp.xps will be in your Plan-G folder. If you double-click it, it should open in Xps Reader, and you can print it from there.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jotayhen

Thank you very much for the information, Tim.  I located the xps file and successfully printed it.  I suspect you must tire hearing the praise heaped your way.  That fact notwithstanding, please add my name to the list of very pleased and satisfied users.  I am sending a donation your way.

Respectfully,

John

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

longlong29199

i'm also encounting this problem, thanks