News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Question regarding the database

Started by FlyingAxx, October 05, 2011, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingAxx

Hello Tim,

Today I found out by chance a deviation of your database to those data being implemented in stock airports of FSX. I only have one example but I tumbled over it when approaching to SANT Rwy 01 with my PMDG 737NGX. Plan-G told me that the course should be 016 but I recognised that I did not arrived aligned with the runway direction.

After checking the airport data within PMDG'S FMC database (telling me a runway direction of 14°) which I extracted from FSX myself directly and verified it with my Airport Design Editor that told me about a heading of 11° and a magnetic deviation of 3° (which makes a magnetic course of 014°, bingo!).  ???

Now it seems to me that something goes wrong when building the file or do you have an other explanation?   

Regards,
Axel
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Maybe your PMDG is using the 2010 magdec model, and maybe it differs enough from 2005 to make a difference?

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

The
Quote from: tim arnot on October 06, 2011, 06:56:18 AM
Maybe your PMDG is using the 2010 magdec model, and maybe it differs enough from 2005 to make a difference?

Hi Tim,

Yes, it does - but only partly. I extracted the airport data (including ILS) from Pete Dowson's MakeRunways resulting XML directly from FSX and wrote them into the two required PMDG files. I checked as well whether there are deviations between the ILS geographical position in the nav-aid related file (based on new data) and the position that can be found by using ADE. There where slight differences but nothing worth to think about (specifically in the example). The ILS heading is definately not redundant and corresponds to the FSX implemented ones.

Again, do you extract the data directly from FSX (or FS9)? In this case you might check example results against Pete's tool or ADE. Please refer again to my original post. I think I have explained what you have calling into question. I might be wrong myself but I ask you for verification. I checked again the original file of PMDG and found course 014° for ILS RWY01 and the same in my own file. ADE tells me a heading of 011° and a magnetic deviation of 3°. Where the 16° came from in your own dataset?

The pictures may tell you a bit more.

Regards,
Axel
Regards,
Axel