News:

Main Menu

Problem loading database

Started by rich12545, November 01, 2011, 01:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich12545

I've been using Plan-G for quite a while and really like it. 

I recently did a complete reinstall of FS9.  After starting the program I pressed the build database button to load all the airfields.  After a while it froze and stopped responding.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, started the program, pressed build database for fs9 and watched.  It went from one folder to another while the bar floated across to show it was working.  Then it got to the Addon Scenery folder, the bar stopped going across and it stayed there.  After a while a message appeared at the top of the little window saying it stopped responding.

It's a great program and I hope you can help fix it.  Thank you.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

rich12545

I fixed it.  Thank you for the suggestion about the log.  I looked at it, there were more than 50,000 pages, 200 meg.  On page 759 it looked like it got hung up on an afcad file and I started getting an error message over and over.  So I removed that file and ran plan-G again.  Worked fine.  No errors.  All is well.

tim arnot

:) You might want to check that you're running the latest version, if your install is quite old. There were a number of ACFAD errors that got fixed.

Tim. @TimArnot