News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan G won't start

Started by Bob F, November 16, 2011, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob F

I have been using Plan G since it was first introduced without any problems.  Recently the program will not open and the error message I receive is as follows:
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   PlanG.exe
  Application Version:   2.0.5.493
  Application Timestamp:   4d836f53
  Fault Module Name:   clr.dll
  Fault Module Version:   4.0.30319.239
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4e181a6d
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00021c92
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   5266
  Additional Information 2:   52662e792fb56714200c69244584ce3d
  Additional Information 3:   461f
  Additional Information 4:   461faa111d42b7c026de2b1aad56e3ae

I am using Windows 7 64 bit.
I really miss being able to use the program and any advise anyone has to get it back up and running will be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Bob F

tim arnot

Have you changed or updated anything recently that could have caused it to fail? if you have a recent restore point, you could try going back to that and see if it now works. otherwise, it could be that something is corrupted in DotNet, in which case you might need to look at reinstalling it.

Tim. @TimArnot

Bob F

Hi Tim

Thanks for your reply.  The only change I have made recently are the usual Windows updates.  I tried using a restore point prior to the most recent updates, but that didn't solve the problem.  I currently and using version 3.5.1 of .net.  I've done some checking about reinstalling .net and so far, I haven't found a way to reinstall it that I understand.  I have absolutely no programming skills, so all of the .net stuff is Greek to me.  If you know of easy way to reinstall it, that any idiot can understand, I would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

tim arnot

If you are using the current version of Plan-G (2.0.5), you need DotNet 4.0. It should simply be a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling.

Tim. @TimArnot

Bob F

Hi Tim

I installed .net 4 then uninstalled and installed Plan G.  Unfortunately I still receive the same error message and the program won't start  Are there any other steps I could try.

I really appreciate your help and don't want to take up your time on a freeware program.  Every thing else on my computer is working fine including Excel and Word, which I understand are heavily dependent on .net.

Thanks for your help

Bob

Bob F

Tim

I wanted to let you know I now have Plan G up and running again.  Last week the Windows Update included a .net security update.  I installed it yesterday and Plan G came back to life.  It's kind of ironic because I think a Windows update was what caused the problem in the first place.

It's great to have Plan G up and running again.  I didn't realize how much I relied on it until I didn't have it working.  I looked at several other flight planners and didn't like any of them as much as Plan G.  Thanks again for a great program and your excellent support.

Bob

tim arnot

Cool. Glad it's working again :)

Tim. @TimArnot