News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

How to view PlanG map? Which monitor?

Started by martinlest, December 13, 2011, 04:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinlest

I love this map and would really like to use it with FSX, but it is proving 'awkward'. I am hoping that it is just me being a bit dense and that somebody will be able to help me in this...

My PC (Win7 x64, 3.8GHz i7 CPU, GTX470 GPU, 6GB RAM etc. etc.) has two monitors and I wanted to have FSX on one, PlanG on the other, but the only way I can do this is to run FSX in windowed mode, or use FS-SIMtimizer to give a full-screen effect. But then I have VertSync problems, even after tweaking (hours of Googling the problem!). I added ForceWindowedVSync=1 to the fsx.cfg file and it helps, but the overall effect is not really very good when compared to running FSX in full screen.

I don't have another PC or laptop I can conveniently use as a networked computer, so I guess my only option is to run the map on the same screen as FSX and leave the 2nd. one black. But I don't seem to be able to get this to work either. I was looking to have PlanG come up on top of my FSX window, say with a hotkey, as FSNavigator does in FS9. But since PlanG does run as an internal FS module, I can't see how this can be done. Whenever I open PlanG on the same monitor as FSX, FSX minimizes to the taskbar. The map works just fine, I should add, all connections work and the a/c icon moves around as I fly - it's just actually seeing the map that is the problem.

Other people seem to have set things up OK without recourse to a networked PC so I'd be grateful for some help. Have looked through the manual - did I miss the relevant part for this?? (Be great if their were a way to use the map within the Garmin 500!!).

Many thanks,

Martin

tim arnot

You have to run FSX windowed, or use a second PC. It is what it is, I'm afraid.

Tim. @TimArnot

martinlest