News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G on different PC via SimConnect

Started by Krights, December 22, 2011, 10:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krights

I am trying to connect Plan-G with SimConnect to FSX running on my PC.

According to the manual: to edit the SimConnect parameters on the laptop one have to push the application button (left upper corner; yellow aircraft) to open a small windows that allows you to choose Global Options.

Opening Global options one can choose FS connections to set various parameters.

However, when I push the Application Button the standard window opens that allows for minimizing/maximizing etc. the Plan-G window. It seems that the Application Button is not functional.

I don't know how to edit the SimConnect parameters in another way and to get the connection with the PC working..

Can anyone out there give me some help??

pasterke

Regards,
Patrick
Betatester
OnCourse Software
Hifi Technologies
Aivlasoft

X_Man

OK I just downloaded Plan-G a few hours a go and I have it set up. The idea is make sure simconnect is working before you set it up with Plan-G.

All I did was:

1. Download/Install/Run Plan G on PC 2
- I notcied no buttons were working but there was an instruction to link the fsx.exe and scenery.cfg files - so I did (I always copy a version from C:/ProgramData into mg FSX main folder).
2. Start FSX on PC 1
3. PC 2, In Plan-G, build database
4. PC2, In Plan-G follow the directions from pasterke (above) and select simconnect and fill in the blanks. (if you already have simConnect working, you know what to plug in there).
5. PC 2, Go back to Plan-G Home and click on connect. You will see your aircraft in yellow and AI in red if it works.

Now if you don't have SimConnect working and have Win7 on both machines I can help.

gigemaggs99

Quote from: Krights on December 22, 2011, 10:34:12 PM
I am trying to connect Plan-G with SimConnect to FSX running on my PC.

According to the manual: to edit the SimConnect parameters on the laptop one have to push the application button (left upper corner; yellow aircraft) to open a small windows that allows you to choose Global Options.

Opening Global options one can choose FS connections to set various parameters.

However, when I push the Application Button the standard window opens that allows for minimizing/maximizing etc. the Plan-G window. It seems that the Application Button is not functional.

I don't know how to edit the SimConnect parameters in another way and to get the connection with the PC working..

Can anyone out there give me some help??

I followed the ideas here:

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1019.0

I have Plan G working on this PC, and FSX working on my other machine. I'm using FSINN and it shows the other vatsim traffic.

This is one of the coolest programs I've seen in a long time! Thank you so much. I really enjoy VFR flying and this is the way to go.

I'm using SimConnect, IPv4 and the IP address of the machine running FSX and the default port in the .xml file from the link above. All I changed in the .xml file was the IP address where is says "computer name".

My machine running FSX is on Windows 7 and my machine running Plan G is running Windows Vista. So, I think this program is REALLY FREAKING AMAZING!