News:

Main Menu

Applicatoin Crash

Started by Grunt, November 01, 2009, 08:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

I'm having Plan-G refuse to start with the error below. Actually, I get two of these.  Plan-G opens, shows the map for the area I had a plan loaded in, then gives me the error dialog.  I say close the program and get a second error dialog so I say close the program.  I used it last night and today opened it and opened a flight plan.  I then opened FS9 and loaded tha plan into it.  I realized the plan had the wrong identifer for the destination (it's an airport I did) so I edited the file, save it, closed FS9 and Plan-G.  Now Plan-G will not open at all.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro, have not changed the database of FS scenery since the successfull flight last night.  I did install FSUIPC for FS9 this morning but it works in that I started FS9, setup some configuration items (like turned weather off).  FSUIPC is unregistered and the latest version on thier website.

Thanks.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   Plan-G.exe
  Application Version:   0.8.0.380
  Application Timestamp:   4ae4b5c8
  Fault Module Name:   nvSCPAPI.dll_unloaded
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4abff864
  Exception Offset:   0b695c97
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Data:   00000008
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   a0e9
  Additional Information 2:   a0e996730e04a1ce97329a273ea83f1f
  Additional Information 3:   ceab
  Additional Information 4:   ceabfc95ecee3170820351e8fd5203f8

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Grunt

Quote from: Grunt on November 01, 2009, 08:39:50 PM
I'm having Plan-G refuse to start with the error below. Actually, I get two of these.  Plan-G opens, shows the map for the area I had a plan loaded in, then gives me the error dialog.  I say close the program and get a second error dialog so I say close the program.  I used it last night and today opened it and opened a flight plan.  I then opened FS9 and loaded tha plan into it.  I realized the plan had the wrong identifer for the destination (it's an airport I did) so I edited the file, save it, closed FS9 and Plan-G.  Now Plan-G will not open at all.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro, have not changed the database of FS scenery since the successfull flight last night.  I did install FSUIPC for FS9 this morning but it works in that I started FS9, setup some configuration items (like turned weather off).  FSUIPC is unregistered and the latest version on thier website.

Okay, I checked the log file - I forgot about the time change and when I saw the time was an hour ago I figured it was yesterday's.  It had an error about unknown waypoints.

5:25:14 Unknown waypoint:---ADK-N
15:25:14 Unknown waypoint:---PAMK-A

I checked the file again, compared it to a good one and then saved it.  now Plan-G opened without an error.

I found that although I built the FS9 database yesterday and made no changes the airport is not in the database so I'm rebuilding it.

Was it really the bad flight plan or a missing airport that caused Plan-G to have problems?

tim arnot

Unknown waypoints typically happen if you have the FSX data set loaded and open an FS9 flight plan (or vice versa). There are a lot of navaids that got renamed or removed or added between versions.

As for the dll crash... I googled it, and it appears to be an nVidia stereoscopic 3D library. There are tales of it causing problems all over the place, so unless you have a particular need for it, it's probably best to uninstall it.

Tim. @TimArnot

Grunt

Quote from: tim arnot on November 01, 2009, 09:16:34 PM
Unknown waypoints typically happen if you have the FSX data set loaded and open an FS9 flight plan (or vice versa). There are a lot of navaids that got renamed or removed or added between versions.

As for the dll crash... I googled it, and it appears to be an nVidia stereoscopic 3D library. There are tales of it causing problems all over the place, so unless you have a particular need for it, it's probably best to uninstall it.

I had issues with my scenery database (not Plan-G's problem - just operator error on my part in FS9) and got it rebuilt.  Is there a way to trap the error?  It appeared that once I had the error Plan-G appeared to be wanting to open the flight plan again.

As far as I know I  don't have that installed as I haven't found a steroscopic 3D that works but maybe Nvidia stuck it in anyway.  I'll check on it.

Thanks.  You have done a very nice job with this planner.  The ability to use the satellite and other data is fantastic.

tim arnot

What was the error? Did it show in the log?

Tim. @TimArnot

Grunt

Quote from: tim arnot on November 01, 2009, 10:41:23 PM
What was the error? Did it show in the log?

The only log error was it couldn't find the two waypoints and then it continued and appeared to initialize according to the log.  After displaying the map of the area where the flight plan was it crashed.  What I found out is that I had moved them to the Add-on Scenery\xxxxx\scenery folder but in the process of getting everything installed on my new Win 7 Release (I've been running RC for several months) I forgot to add them to the scenery library.  The Add-on Scenery directory was in the list but not my scenery directories.  I got suspicious when I checked Plan-G with FSX and it worked so then it hit me what the issue was - operator error on this end.