News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Simcoonect Again

Started by rossb, November 02, 2009, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossb

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am a new Plan G user and am trying to run it across the network. I have a drive mapped and have created the DB etc, but every time I try and connect I get the following error in the ErrorLog:

10:27:25 RibbonButton_Click_ConnectFS
10:27:25 SimConnect.Connect
10:27:25 SimConnect.Connect - local
10:27:25 SimConnect Connect failed: BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+SimConnectException: Pipe Connection Failed ---> System.IO.IOException: You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. Go to System in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.Connect(Int32 timeout)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Networking.Connect()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Networking.Connect()
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.OpenCommon(String strAppName)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Open(String strAppName, String strHostName, String strPipeName)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Open(String strAppName)
   at FS._SimConnect.Connect()
10:27:25 FSUIPC.Connect
10:27:25 Error opening FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #2: FSUIPC_ERR_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Open(FlightSim RequiredFlightSimVersion)
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Open()
   at FS.FSUIPC.Connect()

I know the duplicate name message ois a red herring as there are no duplicate machine names on my LAN. also I have two other apps running via simconnect (STB and REX) with no issues.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ross.

tim arnot

It seems to happen on some PCs but we don't know why.

I've got a support query in with Tim Gregson, but as yet don't have an answer.

As a workaround, I'd suggest you change the connection type to either IPv4 or IPv6, set the compuer field to blank (if you leave it at localhost it'll try to make a pipe connection), and the port to 0.

can I ask for a few details from you though:

What version of FSX are you running? SP2? Acceleration? Language?

What version Windows? And what language?

What other software do you have running?

FSX addins that might be using SimConnect (Active Sky, FSInn, Squawkbox etc...)?

Tim. @TimArnot

rossb

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response. strange thing is I am using IPV4 and not using Netbios to connect. See simconnect.cfg below (from My Documents have also dumped this file in the Plan G directory to no avail).

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.249.116
Port=6600
MaxReceiveSize=8192
DisableNagle=1

I am running FSX Acceleration on Vista x64 SP2 English

Other simconnect apps are Super traffic Board and REX, I have a registered version of FSUIPC installed also. No other software running at the same time as FSX apart from REX weather engine and STB on the remote machine.

Regards,

Ross.

tim arnot

Plan-G doesn't use SimConnect.cfg - you set the protocol in the Options dialog, FS Connection tab.

Thanks for the details - hopefully we can get a profile of the machines with this problem, and spot a common link (I have 3 machines here in various configurations,  running Plan-G and of course none of them have this problem!)

Tim. @TimArnot

rossb

Hi Tim,

Apologies, I should RTFM!! I made an assumption and it was wrong!  :) Thank you all seems well now.

Ross.

tim arnot

Were these other apps connected to FSX at the time you tried to connect Plan-G?

Tim. @TimArnot

rossb

Hi Tim,

No they weren't initially, but I have subsequently had them all running together (REX Weather Engine, STB and Plan-G)

Thanks,

Ross.

Penzoil3

I have no way to select a connection or set up connection options. On the second machine; I have a GPS tab, a sound tab,an location tab, and one that just says simconnect.  It has tie map to aircraft, and options for user and AI aircraft. I'm not finding setup options.  Am I in the wrong place?
  Thanks
    Sue

tim arnot

Yes. Click on the yellow aeroplane menu, and you'll find the Options button at the bottom.

Tim. @TimArnot

charlest

Hi Tim,
Am one of the gliding chaps and have been trying to get Plan-G working on my laptop with a remote connection to FSX.
Had some initial problems, but I have managed to get it working and so am posting what I did here...

1: Initially copied the MSFS SimConnect.xml file from the relevant SDK directory into the relevant directory on the FSX machine.
2: Then tried to connect. No joy.
3: Fiddled about and looked at the xml file and found that by default, all <SimConnect.Comm> records were disabled by default.
4: So modified the xml file to have the following:   <Disabled>False</Disabled>
5: And it all burst into life.

Obvious really. But I am just wondering if others have not done this mod.
Thanks for a really lovely proggie.
Charles
RW NPPL
RW Glider Pilot
CIXVFR
UKVGA
etc etc blah blah.