News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G won't create Database

Started by britpol, January 14, 2012, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britpol

Hi everyone,
I am totally new to Flight Simmings and so, FSX. I installed Plan-G and tried to create my database. Unfortunately, the scenery loads but when it starts on world, it vanishes.

Fsx is installed on C:/FSXSimulator.
When I open Plan-G and click on the bottom right, a window opens and asks for paths to FSX and Scenery. The paths I enter were:

C:\FSXSimulator

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

These I believe to be correct.

However, when I click on the BLUE button with the white plane, what I mentioned above happens. Many, many times I've tried and with help from Simmers on the Bristol forum. They explained the button on the far left should be orange with a blue centre. It is not. It is a pale yellow. Also, all the buttons on the top bar do no function.
Please remember, if you offer me advice, I am a pensioner and not too good with computers.

I am using, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Thank you all,

britpol

tim arnot

Pleas upload the log file from your Plan-G folder (Plan-G_Log,txt). Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

britpol

tim arnot

It's telling me that your database files don't exist. Please open Explorer and  check that you can see the following file: 

C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\Data\PlanG_FSX.sdf

If that file is not present, you may have a corrupted install, in which case you should re-download and install it. If the file is present, you may have a permissions issue, in which case make sure that Plan-G has administrator permissions (right click the program icon and select Run As Administrator in Properties).

Tim. @TimArnot

britpol

Hello Tim,

I checked C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\Data\PlanG_FSX.sdf

Somehow I have
C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\Data\PlanG_FS9.sdf

I'll download another copy and do a reinstall.

I'll keep you posted here if I may.

Regards,

britpol

tim arnot

You can copy the PlanG_FS9.sdf file to PlanG_FSX.sdf if you want - the data formats are actually the same

Tim. @TimArnot

britpol

Hi again,

I took your advice and removed Plan-G, downloaded a new zip file and tried to install it. As advised I right clicked on the set.exe file and gave administrative rights. However, it say's the software is 'unsafe' and refuses to install it.
I had this earlier but in fact it had installed on my remote back up drive and gave no indication. I found it by accident. This time I've searched my computer but there is no sign of Plan-G. I think my system just will not run it. I have a normal install the same as most people and it'd frustrating.
To be honest I'm thinking of looking for a replacement program. That's not to say Plan-G is no good. In fact it's the opposite but what can I do?

I'll wait to hear from you,

Les

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

britpol

The 'Installer' window.

I really am sorry to bother you Tim. I'm anxious to get flying with the Bristol Group.

L

tim arnot

Eh? There's a warning that says the installer doesn't have a digital signature -- that's normal -- you'll get that on pretty much anything you download from the web. Just click run, and continue.

Tim. @TimArnot

britpol

Yes that is normal and I would do as you said if it happened. Unfortunately, that is not the case here. As soon as I click on the exe file, I get the message that the software is unsafe.
I copied 2 files from 'Paint' to show you but they are too big, even when  zipped sorry.

Les

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

britpol

Hello Tim,

Thank you for trying to help me.

I'm resigned to finding another program.

Les

picnic

Fingers crossed but we may have got this sorted. Les couldn't reinstall PlanG due to an error I'd never come across before. "The advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe" followed by something about getting an installer made that would run in Basic mode.

Googling the first bit of the error threw up a MSDN item on this. The trick to getting it reinstalled was to execute the following command in a command prompt in the folder where the installer was

msiexec /qb /i Setup.msi

Les has now built the database and can see the air space, airfield data etc in his Plan G :)

Result  :afro:

tim arnot

I've never even heard of that error, yet alone seen it!

Thanks Pete.

Tim. @TimArnot