News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan G vs FSNav

Started by ufriendly, January 20, 2012, 10:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ufriendly

Does this program work pretty much like FSNav used to. I am on Win 7, FSX.  I used to be able to track my ILS flight on the FS Nav map.  I could drag plan to another position on the map and continue to fly to the same location as I remember?

Thanks
jack

Grunt

Quote from: ufriendly on January 20, 2012, 10:54:54 PM
Does this program work pretty much like FSNav used to. I am on Win 7, FSX.  I used to be able to track my ILS flight on the FS Nav map.  I could drag plan to another position on the map and continue to fly to the same location as I remember?

Thanks
jack

It's been many years since I ran FSNav but Plan-G runs as a separate program and you can track your progress against a flight plan.  I'm not sure what you mean by drag plan to another position on the map.

jonahbird

I think it's a typo -  'plan'  should be 'plane'.  I don't think this is possible, but it does everything else - better IMHO.

tim arnot

Plan-G has a 'Move plane to here' function. But it does not have a 'fly to here' function.

Tim. @TimArnot

jnn

Tim,

First of all, this is a fantastic program.  The beautiful map views are the best out there.  It really enhances FSX big time.
My question... In FS Navigator you could have the program "autoland" a plane by being able to connect it to the autopilot in FS2004 and it would land the plane simply and ACCURATELY!  It would tie into the ILS localizer and glidescope and work like a charm.  You would control the speed, gear and flaps etc. but the program would hook you up to the ILS frequency, set approach, bring you automatically down to decision height and the other necessary autopilot functions. Unfortunately, the developer cancelled the project with the arrival of FSX. No other developer has has done this since. At least one that worked correctly.  I enjoyed this feature because I like FSX and flying but I can't land the heavys worth a darn and I'm tired of fighting it! I can't enjoy the new fantastic sceneries as much as I'd like.  I don't want to be a "real" pilot. Is there any chance that you would incorporate this in Plan-G?  I see a lot of comments on FS forums with people looking for the same idea. I would gladly pay a retail price for Plan-G with this feature. 
Thanks for your work,
Jeff   

Grunt

Quote from: jnn on February 12, 2012, 11:52:49 PM
Tim,

First of all, this is a fantastic program.  The beautiful map views are the best out there.  It really enhances FSX big time.
My question... In FS Navigator you could have the program "autoland" a plane by being able to connect it to the autopilot in FS2004 and it would land the plane simply and ACCURATELY!  It would tie into the ILS localizer and glidescope and work like a charm.  You would control the speed, gear and flaps etc. but the program would hook you up to the ILS frequency, set approach, bring you automatically down to decision height and the other necessary autopilot functions. Unfortunately, the developer cancelled the project with the arrival of FSX. No other developer has has done this since. At least one that worked correctly.  I enjoyed this feature because I like FSX and flying but I can't land the heavys worth a darn and I'm tired of fighting it! I can't enjoy the new fantastic sceneries as much as I'd like.  I don't want to be a "real" pilot. Is there any chance that you would incorporate this in Plan-G?  I see a lot of comments on FS forums with people looking for the same idea. I would gladly pay a retail price for Plan-G with this feature. 
Thanks for your work,
Jeff

Some of the FSX heavies have an autoland if I recall  You might check that out.  I do mainly pistons (round engines) so I haven't been in a jet for some time.