News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Running Plan-G and FS9 At The Same Time

Started by leegra, January 26, 2012, 06:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leegra

I searched the Forum and read the FAQs, but did not find an answer to the following question:

How do I get Plan-G and FS9 to run simultaneously?  If I have FS9 running (not paused) and I try to run the Plan-G screen with my flight plan and yellow aircraft icon, either FS9 pauses or the Plan-G screen pauses.  I cannot get both to run at the same time...

I read the Manual and examined the various choices at the top of the Plan-G screen, but I did not discover a way to run the Plan-G flight plan screen (using the Google Earth screen, for example) in a separate window that could be viewed (un-paused) at the same time as FS9 was running.  Is there a way to run Plan-G in a separate windows on top of FS9, and have both running at the same time? 

I feel like I must have missed some instruction to accomplish the above, but I can't find it...Thanks in advance, for any suggestions...

Lee

Grunt

Quote from: leegra on January 26, 2012, 06:30:23 PM
I searched the Forum and read the FAQs, but did not find an answer to the following question:

How do I get Plan-G and FS9 to run simultaneously?  If I have FS9 running (not paused) and I try to run the Plan-G screen with my flight plan and yellow aircraft icon, either FS9 pauses or the Plan-G screen pauses.  I cannot get both to run at the same time...

I read the Manual and examined the various choices at the top of the Plan-G screen, but I did not discover a way to run the Plan-G flight plan screen (using the Google Earth screen, for example) in a separate window that could be viewed (un-paused) at the same time as FS9 was running.  Is there a way to run Plan-G in a separate windows on top of FS9, and have both running at the same time? 

I feel like I must have missed some instruction to accomplish the above, but I can't find it...Thanks in advance, for any suggestions...

Lee

Yes, you can.  In FS9 do you have Pause on Task switch checked.  If I remember it's under general options.  If so uncheck it.

leegra

Thanks very much--that solved the pausing problem. 

Now, I notice that if both the FS9 and Plan-G screens are running on my monitor, I lose FS9 audio and the ability to make panel changes.  The FS9 and Plan-G aircraft and yellow icon are moving, but I cannot make any changes to either of them, without causing one to minimize. 

Is there any way to keep both screens running and still be able to hear FS9 and make changes to its panel, without minimizing one of them?  Perhaps, place the Plan-G screen in its own window that could be moved over the FS9 screen and still retain FS9 audio and panel control?

Again, my thanks for any suggestions...

Lee

Grunt

Quote from: leegra on January 27, 2012, 07:24:48 PM
Thanks very much--that solved the pausing problem. 

Now, I notice that if both the FS9 and Plan-G screens are running on my monitor, I lose FS9 audio and the ability to make panel changes.  The FS9 and Plan-G aircraft and yellow icon are moving, but I cannot make any changes to either of them, without causing one to minimize. 

Is there any way to keep both screens running and still be able to hear FS9 and make changes to its panel, without minimizing one of them?  Perhaps, place the Plan-G screen in its own window that could be moved over the FS9 screen and still retain FS9 audio and panel control?

Again, my thanks for any suggestions...

Lee

You're welcome.  You will lose audio when you switch applications - that's normal.  When you shift away from FS9 the other app gets the focus and sound.  Only one app at a time can have the focus so when you go to Plan-G FS keeps running but the sound changes to Plan-G (or any other app you switch to).