News:

Main Menu

Multiple problems - Resolved

Started by pugle, February 05, 2012, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugle

Hi TIm,

I had no problems with the previous version of Plan G, but I'm having many problems with .493.

Just to let you know first off, I followed all the install instructions ( away from c:\ programs, renamed the older version, built new data base with no saved waypoints etc... )

So here's the short list:

Right click fails to issue a drop down list on the info panel ( select active leg, add / remove waypoints etc)
Wx update button on the info panel only closes or opens the weather dialog
Plan G often crashes to desktop and when it doesn't CTD it often freezes causing a "stop running scripts" messege.
I can preview print of flight plan, but the printer only spits out a blank page .... and when selecting quick print, I get an "illegal characters in path" messege.

I love the features of this new version, but I just can't get it to run without these problems.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with the same results.

Running Vista and installed and run the program as administrator. Please help! .. This program is to valuable to not have.

Thanks so much for all you do Tim. I've attatched the Plan G log.

Paul (Pugle1)

tim arnot

1. You are clicking the INFO panel? Should be the PLAN panel if you want to change the plan; there's no context menu on the INFO panel.

2. Ok, I'll look at it for v3.

3. Maybe related to the other post where I discussed CTD today.

4.  See the FAQ.

5. Try turning off weather, and see if the printout is correct. If so, I'll bear it in mind for v3.

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi TIm,

Thanks for the reply. I meant the plan panel and said info panel meaning the flight plan part. When I right click on an airport in the plan, I'm getting no drop down list so as to be able to add another airport into the plan or to edit it. Will try your suggestion about the weather.

Thanks again.

pugle

Hi Tim,

Sorry to bother you again. Attatched is a screen capture of the error message I'm now getting for printing. It's the same whether for plan, map or elevation. Turning off the weather reporting in Plan G options had no effect.

Paul

tim arnot

That's probably a hang over from a time when it crashed. It'll be okay after a reboot.

Can you attach the flight plan that is giving you the problem?

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Hi Tim,

Here's the flight plan I was using. It was FSX's .pln format, not the new .plg format, but was created on the newest version of Plan G. Would it be wise to save in both and run the .plg format in Plan G instead? I still have my older version of Plan G installed ( in a different location ) and it's still working fine.

Paul

tim arnot

Hmm. It prints ok here. Maybe you could try running the ClearAllSettings program - could be there's something screwed in the registry...

Tim. @TimArnot

pugle

Thanks Tim. I'll give that a shot and see what happens when I get a chance. In the mean time, using the original version. I kept it as a back-up, and it's working fine.

Paul

pugle

Hi Tim,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I've got everything working fine now except for printing the flight plan. I tried the clearallsettings.exe as you suggested, but I'm still getting the "Error" message. It says "illegal characters in the PLOG" ....
I think I sent you a copy of that before. My printer works fine for everything else, but it just doesn't seem to want to communicate with
Plan G.

Oh well .... that's a minor issue. The program works great otherwise, and I'm very happy with it. I went back to the older version while trying to sort the issues with this newest version, but after having the newer version, it just wasn't the same. But, at least everything is working now ( except for printing ). I'm still keeping the first version as back-up though.

Tim, I love this program, and I've recomended it to several friends. Thanks so much for this awesome flight planning tool.

Paul