News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

[SOLVED]Trying to connect my FSX Computer and a Laptop with Plan-G

Started by dsflyerds, March 23, 2012, 06:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsflyerds

Im trying to set up plan g to work on my laptop and it is not working I tried the tool at the top and it was not very useful Below is the log and my simconnect.xml file. Im running from a hardwired desktop with runs fsx to a wireless laptop both on windows 7. I have the ports open in the firewall as well as the router. How can i make this work?

22:46:15.5 RibbonButton_Click_ConnectFS
22:46:15.5 SimConnect.Connect
22:46:15.5 SimConnect.Connect - Remote. Mode = IPv4 Server = 192.168.1.68 Port = 8000
22:46:35.5 SimConnect remote connection timed out
22:46:35.6 SimConnect.Disconnect

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>Global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>192.168.1.68</Address>
    <Port>8000</Port>
  </SimConnect.Comm>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
</SimBase.Document>

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

The ip is correct as far as i know. It's the internal ip i have been using for the past 5 years and the port is not being used by anything else.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

Im not quite sure how to answer that question... Im not sure???

tim arnot

Is it a reserved DHCP address, or is it hard-coded?

Can you ping it?

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

I belive they are hard coded. Each device in my network was assigned a ip address when they were connect to our network for example my laptop is 192.168.1.65 and my desktop is .68. I don't know if that is the answer you are looking for though. I don't believe you can ping it .

dsflyerds

I messed around with it a bit more and actully opened the ports on my laptop instead of the  desktop and it worked! Thanks for all you help. :)

Peter Dodds

Accoring to the Plan-G Manual, the valid port range is 5400 to 5410 only, so your port 8000 ought not to work anyway. Since I wrote the Manual, someone must have given me the valid port range.  (Tim?)

Peter

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot