News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Reasons to read the Manual; part 2,233,459

Started by Paul K, March 25, 2012, 10:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul K

Having acquired a nice lap top in January, and with a week off ahead, I decided to spend a couple of hours today installing Plan G on said laptop, and link it to FSX on the desk top FSX PC. Followed all the instructions with regards the network drive, and as both machines are Windows 7, decided to go down the IPv6 Sim Connect route. Fired up FSX and Plan G, but no joy. All I kept getting was the usual error message advising me to check my connection protocols etc

Checked everything..Windows firewall, port forwarding etc. By early evening, I was Googling anything I could think of...Net Framework updates, BT HomeHub 3 help forums, Windows tech support forums etc etc. Nothing seemed to work, so I made myself a cup of tea and convinced myself I never wanted Plan G to work on a networked computer anyway.

As I drank my tea, I browsed through the manual one last time and at the top of page 101 I saw this...

There is a checksum at the end of the address (%11, or %13 etc). This does not form part of the address.

Edited out the %10 and bingo, it all works as advertised.

Yes, I am a prat.

Tim, thank you for one of the greatest add-ons ever devised for FSX. I tested it all out with a flight from Edwards AFB to China Lake NAWS, and what I was seeing in both FSX and Plan G corresponded wonderfully. A huge thank you and all best wishes. ;D

tim arnot

You know what they say: If all else fails.... read the manual!  :33:

Tim. @TimArnot

Paul K

Quote from: tim arnot on March 25, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
You know what they say: If all else fails.... read the manual!  :33:

Yes indeed, Tim!  :laugh: