News:

Main Menu

Plan G crashing after installing a new monitor.

Started by WGTL17, March 28, 2012, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGTL17

Hey there,

After recently adding a new second monitor to my setup, PlanG crashes ('Plan-G has stopped working') within seconds of opening.

I have had Plan-G running perfectly for quite a while and I absolutely love this program. The only thing that I can think of that has triggered this is adding my new 21" touchscreen monitor. I only just updated to the latest version of PlanG as I was running 2.0.3 before but there has been no difference.

I'm running Win7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tim arnot

Have you changed the graphics drivers? It could be a conflict of some kind. Look at the Windows Application log - that may throw more light on the exact cause of the error.

Tim. @TimArnot

WGTL17

Hey Tim,

yes I did have to upgrade some drivers but I believe they were only for the touchscreen and not Nvidia graphics drivers.

Where can I access the Windows application log?

many thanks

Emile

Hello,
In Win7 it is in
Control Panel; Administrative Tools; Event Viewer... wait untill it is ready ; down the window : Logsummary ; select Application

Hope it helps
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Cordair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1150 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot .

WGTL17

Thanks Emile!

I Have attached the logs - They make little sense to me i'm afraid.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

WGTL17

Wonderful! It appears to be working now.

I installed the vista UIautomationcore.dll files and she's sweet. I had previously removed the WIN7 UIautomationcore.dlls but failed to put the vista ones in.

Thanks for your help!