News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Aerodrome Taxiway showup

Started by nordstar, April 10, 2012, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nordstar

Hi! I must start with to say thanks for a verry good flightplanner :)
One question though,when the aerodrome chart is showing you can only follow/see the taxiways as long as they are outside of the actual aerodrome itself.If the aerodromechart is is taken from the AF2 or AFX it should be visible even on the aerodromes? As for what i can see, the chart comes from the scenery.bgl and not the AF*.bgl's, or am i wrong?
The aerodrome and the taxiway are in the same colour.The whole chart looks as it's all made up of asphalt and taxiway's are not separate from the aerodrome itself.I can point the mouse marker on the aerodrome and see that the taxiway's are there cause of the pop-up info showing taxiway and taxiway-ID, but you can't really have any use for them as the real live aerodromecharts for guidens to parkingspots or gates.Aerodromecharts main purpose is just that, to assist you on how to taxi to your designated parkingspot or gate.That is real life use of the charts.Maybe it's simpler to implicate an import of let's say a bmp or jpg of real aerodomecharts as i'm using the real thing anyhow.They are all downloadable for free from all the worlds Aviation Admin's.Scenery-makers use them all the time as they can download the complete airport Information booklets with all charts,STAR's.SID's,Approach,Landing,Departure,Taxi route proc. and more,all for free.I've downloaded and print out the whole compendium of Sweden AIP's and Jeppeson has made a collection of allmost all airportcharts in usa as one single download.I can be without the aerodromechart-function in the flightplanner as i have the chart's and i can always get the specific chart  for an airport by visit their site or search for the countries aviation admin.BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE ANY REAL USAGE FOR THE AERODROMECHART IN FLIGHTPLANNER ITSELF AS IT*S MORE EASY TO HAVE THE FLIGHPLAN AND CHARTINFO AT ONE PLACE,i.o.w.ON ONE SCREEN.
But still thanks for the best,so far,flightplanner i have seen that works for FSX and win7 64bit OS.Had a nother one that worked on vista 32bit with import chart-function as jpg,bmp or pdf but that one doesn't work on win7 64bit sys.Sad.Your does.Sad that you must be online though,but it looks very nice with the google impl.I often fly with virtual airways as i don't like the very simple and not realistic ATC in fs9,fsx.I LIKE REAL SIMULATION AS IN REAL LIFE!!!
Love your efforts though to try to make the best flightplanner for simmers and freeware.AWSOME ;). But still longway to go for to make it THE ULTIMATE FLIGHTPLANNER.
Regards
Nordstar

tim arnot

Sorry I don't understand your complaint.

Tim. @TimArnot