News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G freezes

Started by superhunk, April 12, 2012, 08:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhunk

I can't use Plan-G since last week, it's always freezing. I've tried uninstalling, used mapreset and ClearAllSettings.

I also cleared and rebuilt the database, tried with both fsx and fs9. It freezes after I move the map or try to go to an airport. And nothing shows up when I don't touch anything either. And when I get stop script and click yes  Plan-G crashes entirely.

Any ideas?

Log: http://pastie.org/3776032

superhunk

I think I've found a workaround, I had my region settings set to English US.
After switching to Turkish and rebuilding the database everything worked nicely, switching to English again just crashes the Plan-G.

The reason I had English set in the first place was because of another program, some programs fail to work with "," instead of "."
I don't understand it though, why is English causing the problem.  :o It should have been the other way around at least.

tim arnot

That's bizarre - "," vs "." shouldn't be a problem since we have lots of continental users, and that kind of issue gets spotted very quickly. Maybe there's something else about a Turkish system that causes it grief? I don't know what would be different about a Turkish machine set to English locale, as compared to an English or American machine. When I get home after the weekend, I'll have a sniff around and see what I can discover.

Tim. @TimArnot

superhunk

I've tried creating the database in us locale again and this time it worked, it was the same as Turkish one. I'm not sure why it's working this time, I did reset all the settings before creating a new database in us locale.
Maybe switching locales after starting the program is the cause?  :-\