News:

Main Menu

Plan-G Fatal Errors and Plan Elevation

Started by birdmanmike, April 17, 2012, 05:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdmanmike

Hi Tim, as you know from Mutley's, I'm doing a lot of flying over the PNW.  All has been fine mostly with Plan-G, only occasional stopped working which I thought was internet connection.
However, last few daysPlan-g goes down ofeten, mor with fatal error than stopped working.  Signficantly the Plan Elevation has stopped showing/working.  I've re-installed Plan-G and all the DEM tiles and for example just now, not connected to FS clicked on elevation, nothing showed and seconds later Plan-G fataled.  I don't know if its related, but of course I'm running AH and I also get FSX CTD if I fly a direct bearing from Kamloops to Blue River for example, GPS or NAV.  That may be scenery/FSX related though.  I'm flying OrbX obviously, I've also reinstalled .NET and I have the latest FSUIPC.  The Plan Elevation bit has me flummoxed.  The only new things in last week are Carenado U206G and the Kodiak - but - I have also installed Tongass Fjords tho' I can't really see how these could cause . . .

If you have any ideas at all - i'd bevery grateful! :c017:   Oh - happens without AH as well             . . .

Cheers,  Mike

tim arnot

I've never heard of an issue directly related to the DEM, so I'm not sure what might cause it. It's worth checking the PG logs and Windows logs for errors though - they may throw some light on it. It's unlikely to be those add ons though -- I have all three and they've never given me grief.

Tim. @TimArnot

birdmanmike

I ccouldn't find anything understandable - so I tried using the reset thingy in the folder.  Now ita ll works again sorry for the hassle, mike