News:

Main Menu

Network help

Started by TrubshawRN, July 05, 2012, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrubshawRN

Has anybody had this problem?

Win7 FSX.  XP running PlanG.

PlanG connects over the network to download FSX database.

But when I try to connect...it says it cannot find FSX or it is not running.

Tried Simconnect programme no joy.
Got full FSUIPC selected connect using it no joy.
Turned off both firewalls still no joy.

I am happy to try any other suggestions.

Cheers

tim arnot

Make sure you are using the correct ip address.

Tim. @TimArnot

TrubshawRN

Thanks for that. I know how to get an ip address using. Iconfig /all but where in PlanG am I supposed to put the ip addresses in?

Thanks for your time 

Pooch

I had exactly the same situation and for two days I read all possible forum posts but without success.

Today I had an idea and that worked: After renaming my existing simconnect.xml I created a new one with the Simconnect Config Tool ( download here: http://simconnectconfigtool.codeplex.com/ ).
I ticked Create custom SimConnect settings > add > port 9017 was given automatically, I just changed the address from 0.0.0.0 to 192.168.0102 (as per FSX-PC  Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > > Local Area Connection > Details ... IPv4 Address).
After copying address and port to Plan-G the connection was immediate.

Plan-G is a great tool!

Good luck
Peter

TrubshawRN

Thanks for the suggestion I will have a go.

Pooch

I just noticed that my solution was already posted by barree in sept2011 and is a sticky in the Plan-G forum. However, it never came up in my Google-search,
Bests, Peter

TrubshawRN

Thanks sorted now by manually editing the Simconnect file ip address. But really appreciate your input. These thing can be so frustrating. PlanG a fantastic piece of software.

Enjoy your flying.