News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Creating KML?

Started by J van E, August 06, 2012, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J van E

I suppose this is slightly OT but I only fly in Orbx regions and so I use the included KML files for PFJ, PNW and NRM. However, when I load them I also get all kinds of icons and what not plus a region I don't need (another fjords addon). I alaays have to remember the borders and then I clear the KML's again because the block the view and make things too cluttered. I would also like to see the entire region as ONE big region so not divided in three.

Is it possible to create my own KML file for use in Plan-G? So one that would ONLY show the borders around the three regions together without adding all kinds of icons...?

EDIT
I managed to create a kml in the meantime and I also manager to put it somewhere online, but when I want to open in it Plan-G nothing happens... Could anyone check this link?

https://sites.google.com/site/fsxorbx/orbx-na/Orbx NA.kml

aeronauta

I get a red line around the areas and nothing else....seems to work OK

also noticed there is a space in the name maybe remove it.

Jorge
regards  Jorge

J van E

Thanks for testing!

So you see that red line in Plan-G? I see nothing and that's my problem. I'll remove that space but if it works for you I wonder why it doesn't work for me!

aeronauta

Yes strange, all I have is the three ticks on. Plan-G V2.0.5.493

Jorge
regards  Jorge

J van E

Yes! Removing the space did the trick! Odd because you didn't have to that but now I see my red line! Thanks for the help!!!  :)