News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Net Framework 4 error at PlanG v3 startup

Started by drmckee, August 16, 2012, 02:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drmckee

Ran PlanG setup as Admin. Ran application exe as Admin. Each time, error message tells me I need Net 4.

I already had Net4 installed, but I uninstalled Net4. Ran three different registery cleaners. Rebooted and installed Net4 again.  Same error.

OS is Window 7 Home Premium, SP1. Asus Laptop, G74SX.  I installed PlanG v3 into the Program Files (x86) folder, but NOT on the C drive.

Edit:
I ran .Net VersionCheck: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/check-net-version-installed-on-computer/
It reported the following:

VersionCheck results for ASUSPC:

Installed .NET Runtime(s)
OK.
Current version: The following runtimes are installed:

ADO Database Runtime Version
ADO 2.60 check failed. Download update from http://www.microsoft.com/Data/download.htm. Installed version must be at least 2.60.0.0.
Current version: not installed.
COM server not found: ADODB.Recordset

Internet Explorer Version
OK.
Current version: 9.0.8112.16448
Determined from file: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll

VersionCheck (c) 2002-2007 TMG Development Ltd - http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck/indexapp.htm

tim arnot

That's the same as this PC here. Can you still run v2? The requirements are exactly the same.

Tim. @TimArnot

bina

Just my 2 cents since I had similar issues both during install and runtime...

Before you run the installer, download and install SQL Server Compact 3.5 with SP2 (x86-x64). I am running W7 on a x64-machine and I guess that was the reason PlanG installer upon its first run wanted to download and install the 64-bit version of SSC while Microsoft recommends the following:

To ensure proper functionality of all the applications that are dependent on SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 on
the Computer install SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 as given below:

Installing SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 on a 32-bit Computer (x86):
1. Install the 32-bit version of SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 by running the SSCERuntime-ENU-x86.msi

Installing SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 on a 64-bit computer (x64 or AMD64):
1. Install the 32-bit version of SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 by running the SSCERuntime-ENU-x86.msi
2. Than install the 64-bit version of SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 by running the SSCERuntime-ENU-x64.msi

When I ran PlanG after this step, I encountered another problem - it requested installation of .NET 4 Framework although I had the Client Profile installed already. The runtime problem was solved after installing .NET 4 Framework Full Profile.

Maybe in future releases Tim updates the readme file with such notifications for first-time users...

Hope this helps!
Thank you!

Victor Quebec

pwafer

Hi all,

I had similar, Plan-g3 looking to install .NET4 on startup. I clicked ok to install, but it did nothing. Plan-g2 runs fine. I checked to find that I too only had .NET4  CLIENT installed. I got the standalone installer as above and installed, rebooted, ran windows updater ( there were a few updates for .NET4), rebooted and now plan-g3 runs.

Mines' a Windows 7 64bit OS.

Regards,
Philip

drmckee

Quote from: tim arnot on August 16, 2012, 09:19:58 AM
That's the same as this PC here. Can you still run v2? The requirements are exactly the same.

Thanks, Tim, for response. Yes, I am able to run 2.0.5. I just checked again prior to posting this.

drmckee

Quote from: bina on August 16, 2012, 02:50:31 PM
Just my 2 cents since I had similar issues... Hope this helps!

And a good 2 Cents spent.  The standalone Net4 Client installer seemed to fix the problem. The 32 and 64 bit SQL stuff were already installed.
I am now running the database thingy now.

Thanks for everyone's prompt and helpful responses.
Danny McKee