News:

Main Menu

Building Database for X-Plane freezes everytime.

Started by Skjoldr, August 16, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhunk

twgin

hello all,

with build 47 still no go because of one airport in my custom scenery folder; after removal of this airport all went fine...

x plane 10.10 beta 8

the offending airport:  KBDN, Bend, Oregon, USA, can be found at xplane.org, search downloads for "Bend Muni (Home of Cessna Bend)"  , author is Alpha Tango Whiskey

its an older file, circa 2007 or so.  there are 191 scenery files in my custom scenery folder, all the aerosoft files, some large packages like Final Frontier, KSEA of course, and some unpublished airports done by me which certainly date back a few years, but the only one that seemed to stall Plan G was the Bend folder ! Give ATW a cookie, he's on to something !

found it by looking at the log file in My Documents

brand new to Plan G, nice looking software, I am looking forward to experimenting with it !

thanks,

terry

PilotBalu

tknudsen

Did not work at all - Sorry to say, but this is going to be uninstalled and forgotten..

TriplePoint

FSX SP2

Before it was hanging halfway through Airports.  This build got way further, but has hung up on Writing 20661 Instrument Approaches (1).

tim arnot

Quote from: TriplePoint on August 22, 2012, 04:41:28 PM
FSX SP2

Before it was hanging halfway through Airports.  This build got way further, but has hung up on Writing 20661 Instrument Approaches (1).

Please post the log. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

TriplePoint

Quote from: tim arnot on August 22, 2012, 09:15:59 PM
Quote from: TriplePoint on August 22, 2012, 04:41:28 PM
FSX SP2

Please post the log. Thanks.
Attached.  I deleted the old log and databases so this is a fresh run.

ilr4

Hi Tim,

Couldn't build an FSX DB with build 46, kept failing right at the end of 'Writing 70927 Airways'. Built successfully with build 47, thanks.

heinzf

Database (X-Plane 10.10Beta 8 und 9) works fine with Build 47.

Greetings
Heinz Flichtbeil

cyborgx

Quote from: tim arnot on August 17, 2012, 08:44:11 PM
Can users with DB build problems please try this new build, and report back:

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/plan-g/files/PG3_b47.zip

Download the archive and unzip it into the desired location. DO NOT overwrite the installed v3 files, since I don't know if doing that will muck up the uninstaller for the next update. You do not need to uninstall your current v3.

Don't forget to run the new build not the old one. ;)

When you report, please state X-Plane, FSX or FS9. Thanks.

Tried this version, without luck. I am using X-Plane 10 (version 10.05r1) on Win7 64-bit. Same thing happens every time I try to generate the database - the whole thing just hangs. Generating the database for Microsoft Flight Simulator X works fine. Any suggestions?

w9nwrwi

Cyborgx,

You might want to update your X-Plane, as of today it is up to 10.10 Beta 9.  Hopefully that will help as the latest data files are dated 13 July.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

cyborgx

Hi Chuck,

Good idea, but after downloading the installer/upgrader (and getting about 4 megs of new files), I still get the message that I have version 10.05r1. The "About X-Plane" menu tells me I'm up to date.
Trying to generate the database still gets nothing but hanging.....

Am I missing something here? How do you guys get to update it to 10.10 Beta 9?

w9nwrwi

Cyborgx,

Well sounds like you have the correct Updater and are not using the one that came with the DVDS, sooo,  make sure you have the Get Beta box checked
at the bottom of the update screen. It says "Check for new Betas as well as updates".
That should do it.
Let us know how it goes.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

cyborgx

Hi again, Chuck.

Thanks for a great advise regarding the update-process - I did overlook that little beta-option...... so now the program is 10.10 beta 9. But (there's always a "but") generating that database still causes Plan-G to freeze....(and I'm feeling a little frustrated over what I normally consider a very nice application). I also have version 2.0.5 og Plan-G installed (which works just fine in combination with xpuipx-plugin).

Any ideas?

Thomas

w9nwrwi

Thomas,

Well I think you better tell the forum where the database freezes at. Does it hang up at airports, terminals, etc. Also best idea is to include your
log.txt so Tim can take a look and see at what point the hangup is actually taking place, i.e. particular file, line. It may be something as simple as a item
of custom scenery that you have installed, then it just a matter of disabling that item to see if it works.

You can find your log.txt at your Documents/Plan-G Files/Plan-G_log.txt.  I would delete the file (log.txt) not the folder and start again with a database
try, then once it hangs and you shut down when you retrieve it the log.txt will not be huge and it will be a fresh item for analysis.

Chuck
Computer:
X-Plane 11