News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Building Database for X-Plane freezes everytime.

Started by Skjoldr, August 16, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyborgx

Hi again.

Allright, here we go. Log-file included. I deleted the old logfile before trying to generate the database. The result is what you see in the enclosed logfile.
I have installed som custom scenery over time, perhaps the problem is somewhere there. Thanks for all feedback, guys.

Thomas.

w9nwrwi

Thanks for the Log.txt Thomas,

I guess you will have to wait for Tim to get a chance to analyze it. I see nothing obvious but then I am not a computer guru!

When your updating the Plan-G database, at what point does it hang up??

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

cyborgx

Hi, Chuck.

After pressing OK, I get "Preparing database for new data - Processing, please  wait......" And then nothing. The progress bar doesn't seem to move at all.

w9nwrwi

Ok Thomas,
Wow, it does not even get a good start.  Well I think your going to have to wait for Tim to show up unless someone else can help you.
The only thing I can think of is that its not finding the path to the place where X-Plane 10.exe is located. Verify your path to x-plane 10.exe
within the plan g Data Tools menu. Mine, which is under my C directory is:  C:\Users\Charles\Desktop\X-Plane 10   .  That's where it finds my .exe.

Sorry I could not be of further help.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

cyborgx

Thanks a lot, Chuck. You have already helped me a lot here.

Did some more experimenting, here. Reinstalled X-Plane to a different disk. Tried Build 49 of Plan-G.
Same thing happens. Just hangs right after starting building the database. Looks like I'll be stuck with version 2.0.5 for some time....

dIIb

I also have problems in generating the database with XP 10.10 and Version 3 Build 47 and 50. The process is freezing at the point "Schreibe 0 Instrumentenanflüge(5)".
I tried different X-Plane versions (9&10) - but without success. I've attached the log-file - may be you can help me.

Before some weeks I get it on - but now nothing works.

With best regards
Daniel

Edit: The process is running fine with the X-Plane standard earth_fix.dat or earth_nav.dat. I have updated it with current Airac - may be there is the error?

tim arnot

Thanks, I'll investigate. This is just the latest airac from http://data.x-plane.com yes? Do you have any other scenery add ons that could be responsible?

Tim. @TimArnot

dIIb

No, it's not the standard Airac from X-Plane. I got it from the x737FMC (FMC for X-Plane). It seems to be converted from Navigraphs data.

tim arnot

Ah. In that case, could you send it to me? (use the email envelope on the left side of this post) Then I can see what's going on.

I'll delete the file once I've finished investigating it.

Thanks

Tim. @TimArnot

upquark

Hi Tim,

I am having the same problem. Using the latest X-Plane 64-bit build. The building database starts ok but then just freezes on "writing 20336 parking spaces".

Hopefully that info will help.  Current Navdatapro 12.12 rev 2 used.

Cheers

Steve

claude101141

Hi Tim I have the same problem with PlanG and FSX ; I installed the corrected files you gave the link earlier but nothing changes; Here is the log file
By the way I still have not solved the connection problem in the network configuration I told on my other post. I'd like to have at least an answer to my latest reply and the PM I sent you

Thanks in advance

Claude

me2d

Hi Tim

Even with the newest build 47 I had problem to generate XPL DB. Find log attached but I can tell you what the root cause is.
In my W7 I use Czech national setting which includes comma as decimal separator. With this setting I have parse error on float value in log file.
Changing my national settings to dot decimal separator import works fine.
So this is more FYI for possible fix.

Petr

w9nwrwi

Petr,

3.0.2 build 51 is the latest.  Suggest download and try that one.

Chuck
Computer:
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

Do you have any addons that alter or add airways? If so, you could try disabling them temporarily.

Tim. @TimArnot

TriplePoint

Build 3.0.2.51, FSX SP2, Vista 64

Still locks up at Writing 20661 Instrument Approaches