News:

Main Menu

Plan G V3 no database access.

Started by w9nwrwi, August 16, 2012, 03:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9nwrwi

Hope someone can help me out here.

Trying to invoke the new data base for X-Plane. I get all the applicable windows to tell Plan G where my X plane 10 database is. Here is the problem;

Without Plan G open I see my X-Plane 10/Resources/Default data within the Default Data folder.  I open up Plan-G V3 to tell it where the data is
and the data is gone.    (did this by using Data Tools Browse)   
Matter of fact if I go to Plan-G directory (have it under C:/) and look for files (using Plan-G Data Tools Browse), all executable
etc are gone. Looks like all the correct folders are there.   Looking at them WITHOUT the Plan-G Data Tools Browse, they appear.

I tried another download, all Administrative Rights given. 

X-Plane 10 is installed on desktop vs under C: so maybe Plan-G does not like that.  What do you think Tim??

Thanks for any assistance,

Chuck

Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

It's looking for the X-Plane.exe file. Once you tell it where that is it can find the other data.

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

Ah Ha!! I was trying to get a .dat file in there...Thanks Tim, it built the database with the exception of the known problem of
hanging up about 1/4 of the way "Writing 20323 Parking spaces."

I do not see any ILS/LOC flags nor does the radio stack work (X-Plane 10beta8), but still in the learning process.

Thanks for your help,

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

The ILS toggle is off by default (go to the Map ribbon to turn it on).

The radio stack needs a connection to a running instance of X-Plane via XPUIPC.

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

Radio stack is fine Tim.

The only thing I am having trouble with is the Nav-aids not showing up when invoked via Map Ribbon. I am going to assume (knowing how to spell that word) that it may be that  I will need to wait until the problem with database read (locking up at "Writing 20323 Parking Spaces) is addressed.

Thanks,
Chuck
Computer:
X-Plane 11

andre

Hello

Plan G stay bloqued :
do not works

andre

tim arnot

Andre: Please include the log file. Thank you.

Tim. @TimArnot