News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

ATTENTION

Started by jpfil, August 16, 2012, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpfil

The PlanG installation program has deleted ALL THE PROGRAMS installed on external disk Programs file directory...

timoteo

Care to clarify please?

tim arnot

I've done lots of tests this morning, installing and uninstalling to various top-level directories on different drives that were filled with a range of unrelated files and folders, and in NO INSTANCE was anything deleted that wasn't actually installed by the installer.

I'd like to stress that Plan-G uses the standard Microsoft installer, which has proved itself to be safe many tens of  thousands of times with Plan-G alone and lots of other programs. If it did this kind of thing, there would be lots of warnings, and nobody would use it.

Something may have deleted files on your hard drive, but I'm pretty confident it wasn't the Plan-G installer.

Sorry for your data loss - I hope it can all be recovered from your backups.

Tim. @TimArnot

jpfil

Hi,

I recoverd my data but I have to reinstall programs. It is a good occasion to make a nice clean...

Yes it is possible that PlanG was not the cause of the folder content or adressing deleting. It's may be a coincidence and the deliting occurs in the same time I installed Plan G. But we wil never know... I will retry later the PlanG installation and come back on the forum.