News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Addon airports...sometimes missed

Started by EchoTango, November 11, 2009, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EchoTango

Bonjour,

I did the FsX airports  data base twice and  some airports are not on the map. There are some like LF1923 and others like LFDS or EIMN, they are present in FsX and running.

What can we do to solve this ?   ;)

Thanks
Jean

jschall

I had a similar experience - but I discovered the problem and fixed it.

For some reason, Plan-G was using the scenery.cfg file in the "Jeff" folder, rather than the Scenery.CFG file in the "All Users" folder. The scenery.cfg file hadn't been updated since July 2007.

I corrected this problem in the Options/Locations/FSX Scenery.cfg dialog, and now ALL my airports and Navaids are showing up!

So, make sure Plan-G is pointing to the particular version of the scenery configuration file where your add-on airports are being listed by FSX.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

tim arnot

Also, sometimes developers name their airport files in an unconventional way, so Plan-G cannot find them. If you know what the AFCAD files are called for these airports, we can make sure Plan-G detects them.

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Bonjour Tim,
Bonjour Jeff,

Thanks for your quick replies. My Addons are follwing below

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Occitania_VFR\scenery
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\...............
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\............

all of them are in "Addon Scenery" and are visible in FsX because I use them.
I have on remark, when I loaded i.e.one flightplan in Plan G-, one airport was not shown and when I runned during the flight this particular airport was "visible"   :-[

I regularly update  all new addons in FsX
I don't think I have some more Addons elsewhere

Thanks for your help, waiting for comments

have a nice day

Jean

tim arnot

You should be able to see which folders are being scanned by looking in the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt). If your scenery folder is listed, then the probablility is that it's the name of the AFCAD file that is the problem. You can either provide a listing of the scenery folder here and we can make a guess, or you could contact the developers and ask them (is the scenery commercial or freeware?)

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 12, 2009, 09:58:00 AM
You should be able to see which folders are being scanned by looking in the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt). If your scenery folder is listed, then the probablility is that it's the name of the AFCAD file that is the problem. You can either provide a listing of the scenery folder here and we can make a guess, or you could contact the developers and ask them (is the scenery commercial or freeware?)

14:15:20 Scanning folder 222: Addon Scenery\Irish Scenery 1.00
14:15:20 Decoded file: EIBR_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EICA_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EICM_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EIIR_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EIMN_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EISG_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EIWF_ADE_RJK.BGL
14:15:20 Decoded file: EIWT_ADE_RJK.BGL

14:15:22 Scanning folder 148: Addon Scenery\Occitania_VFR
14:15:23 Decoded file: ADE_LFBF.BGL
14:15:23 Decoded file: ADE_LFTW.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AF2_FMT1.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AF2_LFCB.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AF2_LFIP.bgL
14:15:23 Decoded file: AF2_LFMZ.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_1923.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_1926.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_2432.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_8156.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_8225.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_DZPM.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_DZRL.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFBO.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFBR.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFBV.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCC.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCD.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCI.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCJ.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCK.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCM.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCO.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCQ.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCU.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCV.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFCW.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDA.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDE.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDG.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDQ.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDR.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDS.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFDT.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFHQ.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFIK.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFIL.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFIM.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFIR.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFIT.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFLW.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFME.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFMK.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFMP.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFMW.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFNB.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFNL.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFNO.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFNO_b.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFNU.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFNW.bgl
14:15:23 Decoded file: AFX_LFTN.bgl

The three airports in bold caracters are not on the map.
May be some more are not...I have not checked all, it was just during testing one flightplan

I have read Plan-G_Log.txt...all  Addons seem to be present

Thanks for your help  ;)

P.S. sceneries are freeware.

I also checked some own created sceneries like LFJD, LFKZ, LFDJ...are not on the map, but they are in Plan-G_Log.txt
Jean

tim arnot

Since they are freeware, can you send me those three files, and I'll see whats going on...

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

OK, but I am afraid, because most of others have same problem, including my own seceneries.
If you look at LFGD, this does exist on the map and this one has been also created by myself (but was exixting before mine, I only add some details) I think you make the difference between existing files .bgl before I put more details, and those who were completely not existing in FsX . THIS THE DIFFERENCE !!!

LFLJX or LFLJ (Courchevel exists on the map, SOMETIMES when you open a flightplan ???, if not opening flightplan LFLJ or LFLJX  NOT VISIBLE) but is also an Addon of my list.........some others like that. myterious ?

I think the problem is with FsX and Google maps or Google maps ONLY ?

I think you should look this way. I am sorry, I am not an expert, but it is my idea. (may be the wrong one )

Anyway if really needed you can download own sceneries from

http://jaubert.free.fr/Aviation  bottom of the page

Thanks for your support  ;)
Jean

EchoTango

...test

OPEN Plan_G....go around Aoste in Italy and try to locate LFLJ and LFLJX...YOU CANNOT

Now load following flightplan FsX

http://dl.free.fr/ryvJt6rnk

and compare, you will see LFLJ and LFLJX

Hope this help

Regards

Jean

tim arnot

I've installed your scenery and built the database, and they definitely appear on the map -- every one of them. I can open the Find Airport dialog, and they are all present in the list. Can you please confirm they DO NOT appear in the Find Airport dialog on your PC?

All of them are small airports and so they won't be shown on the map when you are zoomed out. Are you sure you are not just zoomed out too far for them to show? (you can change the display on theMap Settings menu)

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 12, 2009, 04:14:51 PM
I've installed your scenery and built the database, and they definitely appear on the map -- every one of them. I can open the Find Airport dialog, and they are all present in the list. Can you please confirm they DO NOT appear in the Find Airport dialog on your PC?

All of them are small airports and so they won't be shown on the map when you are zoomed out. Are you sure you are not just zoomed out too far for them to show? (you can change the display on theMap Settings menu)

LF1923 is not appearing in the Find Airport dialog, but appears on the map in adjusting the ZOOM (nice tool !!!Isn't it) Thanks to specify this.  ;) In the Find Airport Dialog, if I ask for "LF1923"...is going somewhere to a wrong place. Can you answer that ?

So we got an answer after so long search. NOW to edit one flghtplan, PLEASE USE THE ZOOM FUNCTION ,if you don't find your airport on the map.

We can say that everything is working well except one at the moment LF1923

Thanks for help
Jean

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 12, 2009, 11:27:32 PM
Is LF1923 available as a download?

Bonjour Tim,

LF1923 is a part of a large South-West of France named "Occitania". You can find it in the file Occitania_VFR-B5.7 update at the following address

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/moustache/fs/fsx.htm

I think you can install only this zip file ? You will have some others airports with. All of them are very small.

Hope this will help

Have a nice day  ;)

N.B. free download, no register

Jean

tim arnot

There's no 'LF' in the name -- it's just '1926' (or '1923' or...) -- then you can find it.

NB. for 1926, the MagVar and Unicom station name have not been defined in the airport (unless it's really called "Insert name here"  ;))

Nice scenery addon too. I'd love to see a similar effort for Normandy/Brittany...

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 13, 2009, 11:20:29 AM
There's no 'LF' in the name -- it's just '1926' (or '1923' or...) -- then you can find it.

NB. for 1926, the MagVar and Unicom station name have not been defined in the airport (unless it's really called "Insert name here"  ;))

Nice scenery addon too. I'd love to see a similar effort for Normandy/Brittany...

There is no 1923 impossible to find it (2 shots)
http://dl.free.fr/r5h8GTjiy
http://dl.free.fr/r6Xm3RTzq

I have tried complete list in different ways for town, state: Occitania...(the list is not complete ?)

It is not important for me, I know this, but it could be annoying for other unknowned places

Thanks for help

Jean