News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No Approaches Showing Up

Started by twgin, August 19, 2012, 06:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twgin

Hello all,

using build 47 on X-Plane beta 8 I can successfully build a database, but no approaches load and "show approaches" does not appear when right clicking on any airport on the main map...

log txt attached, any ideas on why this might be and how to fix ?

thanks

terry

twgin

Well, I'm replying to my own post...

Just tried a database build again, beta 9 of x plane, the database will build, watching the messages as the build goes forward it says at some point "0 approaches" and then moves on to airways or something.  sure enough, no approaches show up, and looking at approaches is not one of the options at all when right clicking on any airport.  I seem to be the only person in the world reporting this particular problem - strange !

terry

w9nwrwi

Hello Terry,

I just did a database run with x-plane 10.10b9, like yours, when it got to "instrument approaches" it indicted 0 to retrieve and went on to its next
set of requirements.  I do not know how that data is presented from x-plane or where the fault may be, if there is one.  On right click on an airport
I do not even see the "instrument approaches" item to select....course if we loaded 0.......

As an aside, could you be so kind as to right click on any airport and then select Show Airport Diagram. Take a look at the runway headings, I say
they are reversed. I have posted about this but no response so far.

Chuck

Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

twgin

yes, I can confirm the runways show up reversed.  I looked up KMAE (my home airport) in both Plan G and  on AirNav.com and Plan G is the opposite of Airnav...

perversely glad to hear that someone else sees the no approaches problem !

a bug somewhere, could be x plane or could be Plan g, a curious one...

terry

sky one

Same here (runways number reversed) with X-Plane 9.70 and Plan-Gv3 beta 46
X-plane user

tim arnot

Sorry for the lack of response - I've been away for a few days.

As far as I'm aware, there are no approaches in the X-Plane data set, so none will show up.

I'll look into the runway orientation issue.

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

Thanks for looking into all this Tim, its appreciated.  The runway orientation was ok in V2.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11