Building database error (not the same that in that other post)

Started by OviOne, August 29, 2012, 09:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OviOne

Hello all, I'm becoming crazy...

I've read all the relative posts in here but didn't help very much, so I decided to register and create a new one.

First of all, I have to say thanks to the developer for this great freeware program, thanks for the big effort!

I use Windows 7 64 and FSX.

I installed the Plan-G v3 and it freezes just in the moment it tries to create the database (just when you can see the "Writing 70927 Airways" message) throwing this error in the log:

BuildDatabase_Executed: System.ArgumentException: El proveedor de almacenamiento especificado no se encuentra en la configuración o no es válido. ---> System.ArgumentException: No se encuentra el proveedor de datos .NET Framework solicitado. Puede que no esté instalado.

Which in English would be more or less this: "The specified storing provider wasn't found in the configuration or isn't valid. --> System.ArgumentException: The requested .NET Framework data provider is not found. It may not be installed.".

I have installed .NET Framework 1, 2, 3.5 and 4. Also I have installed the Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 both manually and automatically from the Plan-G installer. I also installed IIS since I had uninstalled it long time ago.

Plan-G v2 builds the database without a problem.

I have tried the releases 46, 47, 48 and 49 with exactly the same results.

I have read the posts "Building Database for X-Plane freezes everytime." and "Net Framework 4 error at PlanG v3 startup" with no success.

It's quite sure that the problem is something about that Compact SQL server (do I need also the complete version of SQL Server?).

So I wish you can help me! Thanks in advance.

jamino63

Bonjour,

j'ai  eu le même problème, impossible de construire la base DATA pour Xplane10.
Après plusieurs demandes au secours, sans réponses et plusieurs installations et réinstallations, rien ne se passer.
Ayant plusieurs disques installés sur mon ordi, Xplane 10 était installé sur un disque nomé G:
J'ai décidé de changer le nom du disque est lui attribué la lettre D:, ensuite je refais la constrution de la base de données pour Xplane10, et miracle la base s'est construite rapidement et complétement.

Ici je voulais simplement vous faire part de cette remarque.
Plan-G3 ne reconnait peut-être  les liens que pour  C: ou D: ???

Cordialement

Jamino63

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

OviOne

Of course I can. I just thought it wasn't necessary. Here it is.

I would like so much to get it working since I am also having issues with the v2 (not at building the database).

Thank you!

OviOne

Hello again, I finally got it working. Here is what I did:

I tried it in a virtual machine and it worked fine, then in my system, I uninstalled all .NET Framework 4 entries and all the SQL Compact entries. I restarted and launched the Plan-G v3 installer. It downloaded .NET Framework and SQL Compact.

Once completed, I launched the program and I got an error message saying that I haven't installed .NET Framework 4. I went to this page and chose the correct optión and a new .NET Framework 4 installer started. When it finished, everything worked fine (no need to reboot).

Thank you anyway for your time. I expect this to be useful for someone.

tim arnot

Yes, it looks like there was a problem somewhere in the SQLCE install.

Tim. @TimArnot

cyborgx

Quote from: OviOne on August 31, 2012, 09:29:38 AM
Hello again, I finally got it working. Here is what I did:

I tried it in a virtual machine and it worked fine, then in my system, I uninstalled all .NET Framework 4 entries and all the SQL Compact entries. I restarted and launched the Plan-G v3 installer. It downloaded .NET Framework and SQL Compact.

Once completed, I launched the program and I got an error message saying that I haven't installed .NET Framework 4. I went to this page and chose the correct optión and a new .NET Framework 4 installer started. When it finished, everything worked fine (no need to reboot).

Thank you anyway for your time. I expect this to be useful for someone.

Hi OviOne,

tried your solution, but without success. Same thing as allways happens - the program freezes when trying to generate the database. Log-file enclosed. Help appreciated!

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

OviOne

Quote from: cyborgx on September 02, 2012, 01:33:01 PM
Hi OviOne,

tried your solution, but without success. Same thing as allways happens - the program freezes when trying to generate the database. Log-file enclosed. Help appreciated!

Hi there. You haven't the same error that I did. You're on X-Plane and you didn't seem to have a SQL database error... Follow the instructions from Tim, mate. Also maybe the problem is with your "Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels" scenary since Plan-G throws the errors just after reading the data from it. Try to disable it.

Good luck!

cyborgx

Hi Tim/OviOne,

Finally found the solution to the database build-problem. Changing from decimal comma to decimal point before generating the database made the difference.

Thanks for all help!

OviOne