News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Also cannot build Database

Started by fautleyj, September 17, 2012, 06:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fautleyj

I've followed the instructions word for word, but PlanG still gets stuck trying download the database for my FS9. I'm using Windows 7 and have installed Plan G to the C: drive, not in Prog'Files. It gets stuck trying to download UK2000 Part 6, every time. I have taken UK2000 scenery out of the FS9 folder, but then Plan-G just gets stuck on something else. I have attached the Plan-G Log. Hope you can help.
Thanks
John

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

fautleyj

Thanks Tim. But where do I find Build 50? Please.
John

fautleyj

I managed to download Build 50 Tim. As instructed I did not overwrite any files, nor un-install V3. Now all I get is a message that says 'Plan_G3 has stopped working.?? Can you help please.
John

sky one

Hello John,

download "Installer build" of the Build 50, uninstall Plan-Gv3 from your PC and run "setup.exe" from Build 50's ZIP.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

fautleyj

Thanks Christiano. I done that. But G-Plan still 'hangs' when trying to build database. It sails through a lot of it, then it gets 'stuck'
John

sky one

Hello John.

could you attach the logfile generated with the Build 50?

Thanks
Cristiano
X-plane user

fautleyj

Thanks for your perseverence Cristiano. Much obliged. Log File attached.
John

sky one

It seems (to me) that the problem is the folder  Addon Scenery\Duxford
Can you try to take this folder away[1] and then build the DB?
(If it fails please attach the log again).

Ciao
Cristiano

[1] I don't know if the better way is to move the folder away and/or uninstall the scenery too from FS...
X-plane user

fautleyj

That seemed to do the trick Cristiano thank you. But now I have another problem. When I click on 'find-airport' There is no countries in the drop down list and the 'OK' is greyed out (Please see attached image). Hope you can still help. I think we are getting there. I appreciate your time.
John

sky one

Have you activated (clicked) the FS9's database on the "Data" tab?

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

fautleyj

Wonderful Cristiano. Up and Running. Thank you so much for your patience and your time, I am very grateful to you. Most kind.
Best Regards
John