News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

waypoint defined by cross refs

Started by rogerover, September 29, 2012, 12:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerover

Hi,

QDM : Range & Bearing, cross refs of a defined user-waypoint : all these Plan-G features are fine.

But how can I define a user-waypoint by its cross references (VOR1 + VOR2) ?

If I try to move a user-waypoint to a different location to match the cross refs I want, it sticks on to the closest ISEC ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but is there a way to define a user-waypoint by its cross refs (VOR1 + VOR2) ?

Thanks

currently using Plan-G3 v3.01.049

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

rogerover

Thanks Tim

I'm using build 50 and I don't see where I can define a user waypoint with its cross-refs.

A right-click on a selected  user-wypt or a new one chosen on the map does not show something new in the menu.

Where is the new feature ?

sky one

You must to create a flight plan, insert the user waypoint in it and then, in the Flight Plan Window, right click on the user waypoint.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

rogerover

"You must to create a flight plan, insert the user waypoint in it and then, in the Flight Plan Window, right click on the user waypoint."

Thanks very much.

But I think there is some misunderstanding : my question is NOT "what are the cross-refs of a user-waypoint ?" My question is "how to define a user-waypoint by its cross-refs"

For example : I want to create a waypoint in one or other of these ways (all of them describe a unique waypoint) :

- 312° (QDR) from VOR1 and 006° (QDR) from VOR2
- 132° (QDM) to VOR1 and 186° (QDM) to VOR2
- 312° (QDR) from VOR1 and 186° (QDM) to VOR2
- 132° (QDM) to VOR1 and 006° (QDR) from VOR2

If I knew the distance between VOR1 and the wpt (or VOR2 and the wpt)  I would use the Range & Bearing option. But I don't . A solution might be to make a measurment on the official plate to get the range ! But it would be much better to implement the "create a waypoint by it's known cross-refs" option

I guess this option is not implemented yet. Would you please tell me if I'm wrong or right ?