News:

Main Menu

Prepar3D affecting Plan-G?

Started by falcon409, September 30, 2012, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcon409

I purchased and installed Prepar3D v1.4 a few days ago. I won't go into details, but it was a bust for me and so I uninstalled it. Today I went back to continue a Cross-Country flight I'm doing and when I tried to connect to FSX through Plan-G it would not connect. Since this has never been a problem before, I'm wondering if something either in the P3D installation or uninstall process somehow messed with simconnect?

While waiting on an answer, I noticed that a beta build 5 was available, so I installed that one, built the database, loaded FSX, clicked on "Connect" and got the same result, no connection. Hoping someone can give me a suggestion on where to look or how to troubleshoot.

falcon409

(RTFM) Well, I am not sure why Plan-G decided not to connect via "simconnect" and I'm hoping that isn't a sign of other bad things happening within FSX, but after actually reading the manual and in specific the section on "Connections" I opted to run via FSUIPC which was immediately successful. Onward into the fog I go. lol